Metzeler Sportec M1
There is a B spec Metzeler M1 tyre in 180 profile.

I don't know if it is supposed to be for the Busa.
They have them at the Newcastle BMW shop.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
5,500 km Update :

Still a whole lot of tread there. I've passed the point I thought the rear would last for (5000km) and they have generous amounts of rubber left on 'em. I believe they might make another 2000 to 3000 km - I'm impressed.

In 5,500km they've been ridden on all kinds of road surface in all kinds of weather. Over Easter there was a fair bit of rain and they really do stick like glue - although I don't push as hard when its pelting down or damp. No deformation, skipping, flexing in the tight stuff - you just point and shoot. I tend to bleed in the power on exit so can't attest to how they behave under rapid acceleration stress out of corners - but if you're a 'swoopy' like me, you'll be very pleased with the grip right to the edge. Grip levels seem to have stayed the same since 1000km and now that the mornings and the road surfaces are cool, they still get the heat into them pretty quickly.

I'm also not getting the hum others have mentioned in another thread. Can't tell you why.

Overall, I've been very happy with them - especially in the early days of my love affair with this bike when you're most likely to do something stupid. I have to say she rides exactly the same as my 2001 busa. So much so that there are days I still think I've got the blue / silver under me until I look down and see the black where the blue should be.

I'll report in with more info as the M1's start the slow fade down to retirement, but I'm expecting that to be a while yet.

I'll probably go for the M3's next time as they seem to be a better overall wear / grip proposition - but thats not a negative reflection on the M1.
The M1s are in runnout stock anyway guys so they will only be around till stocks depleat.
Thanks for the update Astro.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Run out eh ?

Makes the ongoing report redundant I guess. Looks like the M3's will be 'it' for sure next time.

How are your M3's holding up Busgo ?
not bad for 5,500 on the clock Astro - big chicken strips there tho??

fitted the new Diablo Corsa 3 rear tyre the other day - I'll report on that one down the track :)
My M3s have been great.
I got about 11,000 out of front and back on the last set and still on the 2nd set.
They do not like concrete surfaces on the freeways though. It chews them if you go fast.
This applies to all silicon tyres though.
Regards BUSGO
Just picked up a Metzeler M1 rear for my bike today and will be fitting it in the very near future.

Good to see all the positive stuff being written about them.
Action Parramatta are also selling M1's for $350 a set. Before I go buy them, does anyone know of a better deal in Sydney? (doesn't matter which brand)
They are great tyres Mazzick but you can only expect about 5 - 6000 out of them.
Regards BUSGO
Busdriver Wrote:Action M/Cs in Canberra have them at $350 a set. Thought at that price I can afford to get 5K out of a back tyre.

"Sorry mate, they are not the "B" spec for the Hayabusa. We can order them in for you but not at that price"

Bugger. <i></i>

Picked a set from Action in Paramatta for $350/- and they were offering $400 fitted on both wheels.Trophy

Got the 190/50 rear - would love to try the 190/55 Undecided
There is an M1-"P" specifically for bikes like the Hayabusa! Not sure what difference there is between both versions though.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
I rang Action today, they are out of stock of M1 and not ordering anymore.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
I was at action in Paramatta - today getting my M1 fitted they have plenty of these on hand - dont now why they say they are out of stock.

The Diablo Corsa is on sale at MCA Paramatta $ 350 a pair - this is also a option.

Cheers,

BG