to turbo or not to turbo?
Limit is more the bikes capability of handling boost than what the kit can produce , even the basic turbo kit to bolt on with no mods on a gen 2 is about 230-240hp ,
both can be turned up if you decompress and make the bike more suited to boost ,
supercharger just needs to step up the pulley ratio or turbo wastegate spring

hope i'm not sounding too negative on superchargers, i like the idea , and just before buying my gen 2 from Shredder i looked seriously at a B-King and fitting a supercharger , just they don't produce power quite like general expectation , i think thats a carryover from positive displacement superchargers on cars that do make positive pressure from idle ,
centrifigal superchargers need rpms to make positive pressure just like a turbo , but being engine driven it does begin earlier than the exhaust driven turbo

To be fair this was not the same dyno same day you need for a good comparison, but the basic shape is typical for both turbo and supercharger
my first turbo busa from 9 yr ago with gt28r turbo , bigger turbo would be a flatter curve , wobbly top end is wheelspin
and straight from tts , supercharger is a much more predictable slope and would be easier to ride hard , turbo takes some relearning

[Image: dsc001121.jpg]
[Image: gt2815psi.jpg]
Greg, you still did 223 or 227mph ( with a ton of slip ) with that disco...?
Gazza it would have run that speed easily but that turbo was only on the racebike one year, and i was still learning tuning needs, remember the leanout in 04 ;)

223 in 05 , was a gt35, same one that did 257 in 2012 on about the same boost level
The lean out where it melted a piston ?..yer ya mad buggar-- pulled a coil and plug out and ran on 3cyls-- MPS/BG 1350 173.845mph

anyway, got a few sets of turbo Wossner's coming Greg..thought I'd go the plus 2mm for the road bike
(17-01-2014, 07:32pm)gazza414 Wrote: anyway, got a few sets of turbo Wossner's coming Greg..thought I'd go the plus 2mm for the road bike

definitely give it more bottom end, but the area between cyls is much less, harder to get a reliable seal , my racebike motor 1 has copper gasket and o ring, even that was a tight squeeze, had to siamese the o rings at the narrow section, bigger studs like Scott supplies would help too .motor 2 has cometic for now but needs better
Noonan will think were cornering the market on 83mm turbo pistons