Hendrixhc's Long Term XE falcon Rebuild
Productive day in the office!

Weather was bloody beautiful up in the hills today. Sunny and slightly cool. I had a builder coming round to quote on our renovations so while i was waiting i fitted up the billet breather caps to the rocker covers.

[Image: eniginein11_zps723a4957.jpg]

[Image: eniginein12_zpsf9803af0.jpg]

Looked down the driveway still no builder so i fitted up the crank and water pump pulleys.

[Image: eniginein13_zpsc38020ae.jpg]

Still no builder so on went the timing pointer as well.

[Image: eniginein14_zps64107a6d.jpg]

Lastly i polished up the zinc plated grade 8 engine mount bolts and washers i bought and fitted the engine mounts. No real sure if i am happy with these new mounts. I had to "relieve" the mounting holes slightly to get them to fit properly and they dont look as strong as the originals. They will do for now though.

Finally the builder turned up and gave me a great price on the reno's so i can get the work done almost immediately.

After that i asked the Mrs if she had a spare couple of hours, which she did, and it was all go for operation engine back in the bay.

We started off by removing the bonnet and covering all the fenders and radiator support with sheets. ( Thanks to the kids spare sheet supply!)

[Image: eniginein15_zpsf42fae36.jpg]

Cleaned up the shed floor ready to slide the crane round the it struck me that i have to rotate the engine 180 degrees to put it in. That meant i had to drop the chain down a couple of links to give it some rotation. Note the kink in the chain for the predetermined twist.

[Image: eniginein17_zps30b70762.jpg]

Unbolted her from the stand, all the time shitting myself that it would drop.

[Image: eniginein1_zps347bcea2.jpg]

Then up she went. Dont mind the dopey looking prick doing the jacking.

[Image: eniginein2_zpsd1597817.jpg]

Swung her in to place

[Image: eniginein3_zps5045903b.jpg]

[Image: eniginein4_zps6bac2356.jpg]

Bit of a wriggle and a jiggle and she bolted in to place.

[Image: eniginein5_zps744a11d8.jpg]

[Image: eniginein6_zpsb332d3cf.jpg]

[Image: eniginein7_zpsa13d2387.jpg]

[Image: eniginein8_zps68f672db.jpg]

So mission was successful, ewngine in hole, no scratches, no dents and no injuries!

Now with the clevo lowering kit put in she's starting to sit a bit closer to the ground.

[Image: eniginein9_zps5def88e2.jpg]

[Image: eniginein10_zps3fa1afae.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hendrixhc's Long Term XE falcon Rebuild - by CaptainRob - 15-05-2013, 07:48pm
RE: Hendrixhc's Long Term XE falcon Rebuild - by hendrixhc - 18-05-2013, 06:37pm
RE: Hendrixhc's Long Term XE falcon Rebuild - by CaptainRob - 20-05-2013, 08:26pm
RE: Hendrixhc's Long Term XE falcon Rebuild - by Dale - 21-05-2013, 12:51pm