Buell peg modification
I have a set of GSXR1000 pegs if anyone wants them cheap. Can't use them anymore as the knees wont come up that high so am now content with the Vario-Pegs from Motorrad garage!

Cost $160 a few years ago, make me an offer and they're yours plus delivery.

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
PS: is it possible for Admins to move this to the DIY section?
(18-05-2013, 09:47am)pan Wrote: PS: is it possible for Admins to move this to the DIY section?

Done and thanks for the great thread Pan Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Re-opening an oldie again.
I'm installing the Buell pegs to my Gen 2, and after reading all the threads I could find, this is what I ended up with.
I have filed the pegs by hand in the areas it needed it. (No heat stress issues here).
I also spun up a couple of bushes on the lathe out of brass, alleviating any play in the pin.
I was tempted to drill the peg brackets out instead and install a bigger pin, but then I can't revert back to stock.
It just occurred to me that the sizes may be useful to people.
The brass bush I made is 22.9mm long x 11mm od and 8mm id to suit the 7.9mm pin.
Hope this helps.

[Image: IMAG0902_zps76c3bf4e.jpg]
I have come across another trap for beginners.
I installed my pegs over the weekend and had a problem with the gear lever coming into contact with the side stand.
It had me bemused as when the bike was on the paddock stand, I was meticulous in measuring everything to ensure there was no contact when the shifter was at its lowest point of travel, but when I took it off of the stand and dropped it into gear, it would hit.
I re-adjusted 3 times to get it to clear.
Sitting here pondering why, I have just solved the question.
When the bike was on the paddock stand, I was moving the shifter with my hand, and when not on the stand, I was using my foot........foot on peg, weight on peg, rubber mounted.........aha...
So note, when making final adjustments to the shift lever, make sure you compensate for the riders weight on the peg, it does make a difference...