filler her up.fx#k
bikes been in the shed since the QLD charity run actually still had fuel from guyra in her ,thought are time to go and have a little ride ,rode her to work ,then this arvo to the servo to top her up $30.59 well fook me ,i never ever put this much in my boosa before ,or when did petrol go up so muchScary
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
Fuel prices are a joke.
I was saying to my wife the other day how back in the 70s I was running on reserve
on my old K2 750 Four finally found a servo and filled it up to the max cost me $2.50.
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
You fellas are old!
i had a 1985 cx 500 super sport,lol back in the day ,i remember doing canberra to noosa and return for $75 and most of this was food
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
When I went to USA last year they were all bitching about the price of their fuel.. About $3.20/gallon.... I worked it out that our fuel last year ($1.50/ lt) equals about $5.50/ gal. They had no idea how we could afford to go anywhere LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Our for the people government have just thrown another 3 cents a litre on our fuel for roading so we are now at 2.19 for 91 and 2.27 for 95 and they warning that because our dollar is getting stronger against the USD the price will still go higher funny how when our dollar got weaker the fuel didn't keep coming down. fuel here's like a crayfish pot only goes one way.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
I remember the Bathurst bike races, camping on the mountain back in the early '80s. On the last night had to buy cheap grog, ($2 cheap port) so I'd have at least $5 left, because I needed to fill up twice to get all the way home. $5 would be luck to get you around the block today!
(04-07-2013, 07:58pm)Batfink Wrote: When I went to USA last year they were all bitching about the price of their fuel.. About $3.20/gallon.... I worked it out that our fuel last year ($1.50/ lt) equals about $5.50/ gal. They had no idea how we could afford to go anywhere LOL

UK we were paying roughly equiv. to here, but in Pounds.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
The cost may come down a bit if this pans out but I doubt it $20 trillion worth of oil in Coober Pedy
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
I remember the $2:00 pumps in QLD...would need a blooby big pile of the buggers today hey!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
As an 8 year old I use to tear around the back lanes of Stanmore in Sydney on a Kirby grand prix minibike. Dressed up like a mongrel bikie. Yeh, got that out of my system when I was 8. When it ran out of fuel I would roll down a big hill to the Salisbury hotel and my dad would give me 2 bob to fill her again. Usually took about 13 cents and I would spend the rest on lollies. Really not much has changed except now i'm on a maxibike that cost about $35 bucks to fill, I have very average teeth but I am still having a blast on 2 wheels. To me it would not matter if it was $50 bucks a tank. Truth be known it is probably relatively pretty much the same. Have a blast, Paul.Very Happy
(06-07-2013, 06:23pm)cyndemgum Wrote: As an 8 year old I use to tear around the back lanes of Stanmore in Sydney on a Kirby grand prix minibike. Dressed up like a mongrel bikie. Yeh, got that out of my system when I was 8. When it ran out of fuel I would roll down a big hill to the Salisbury hotel and my dad would give me 2 bob to fill her again. Usually took about 13 cents and I would spend the rest on lollies. Really not much has changed except now i'm on a maxibike that cost about $35 bucks to fill, I have very average teeth but I am still having a blast on 2 wheels. To me it would not matter if it was $50 bucks a tank. Truth be known it is probably relatively pretty much the same. Have a blast, Paul.Very Happy

remember similar, a mate with a mini bike, after spending all morning riding it I was horrified as a 10 yr old, he said I need to go him halves in filling it up. I only had a few cents on me for lunch, but was relieved when it filled for about 25cents. 12 cents each. I remember my Dad getting upset when he put a record $16 in the family Falcon 500. (Cars had heaps bigger tanks back then too)
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Well I remember when you used to be able to fill up your car, buy a meat pie and chips with gravy and a cup of tea and go to the flicks and still have change from two and six for the rent man....luxury!!!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
well im not as old as most of you dinosaurs, but i remember filling up my ds80 for a buck,

these days im just glad my bike will do 320 to a tank at 140k's an hour, that appears to be the sweet spot economy wise, so thats where ill sit :P
My old job in the UK paid a LOT less than I get here in AU,
and just checking the current exchange rate and pump
price, fuel in my home town is about $2.20 a ltr.

Quite happy to be earning here and paying AU prices.