Help?
Long story short....... spare key won't start the bike.
Comes up with a fault code of 42 - Key/ignition!

Can I bypass this to start the bike??

Any help would be appreciated!
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
(25-07-2013, 06:44pm)PostmanPete Wrote: Long story short....... spare key won't start the bike.

If you know someone that can flash the ecu they can help
(25-07-2013, 06:44pm)PostmanPete Wrote: Long story short....... spare key won't start the bike.

I think the key has to match up with a code inside the ecu. I'm sure it'll be relevant; Gen 1 or 2 ?
Gen 2
(25-07-2013, 09:10pm)simmo Wrote:

If you know someone that can flash the ecu they can help

Does that mean when it's flashed you need to code your key again?

Bike has been flashed a month ago, but spare key wasn't with the bike!!
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Gen 1 never had coded keys, did it?
Come on Grunty, I thought you knew Busas better than that!
(25-07-2013, 10:54pm)pan Wrote: Gen 1 never had coded keys, did it?
Come on Grunty, I thought you knew Busas better than that!
Lately, I've been a "flashee", but I've never been a flasher.
The Suzuki Anti-theft system ? The crim that stole Rod's Bike must have a "flashed" Key.
------- Do you have the Key Number Code to take to the Suzuki Dealer so you can buy a new coded key ?

I do. A new key has been ordered, they'll code it when I pick it up.

I'm hoping the key I have is simply not been coded. The bike will crank over, but not start.

Cheers
(26-07-2013, 09:25pm)PostmanPete Wrote: I do. A new key has been ordered, they'll code it when I pick it up.

I'm hoping the key I have is simply not been coded. The bike will crank over, but not start.

Cheers

Maybe it's not the key. Maybe no grunt to spark plugs or injectors. Maybe 1 connector somewhere
The Gen 1 do not have electronically coded keys, You can remove the key switch by hooking the orange wire and the red wire up to a switch. black wire with the white stripe and the orange wire with the white stripe need a 100ohm resistor in between them..
Have you lost the first key or do you have it and it works. My experience with the sort of stuff would tell me to check the resistance across the pins on the back of the key switch in the on position..
Turbo ZX7 for the street Biker
Busa for the drags Trophy
If there's anything I can do Pete, give me a call, more than happy to help.