What gear when powering thru the hills?
(25-01-2014, 05:50pm)Kendo Wrote:
(25-01-2014, 04:04pm)batool100 Wrote: Look where the shift cable goes into the derailleur. There is a a small round adjuster with nubs on it. You want to turn that barrel adjuster counter-clock wise 1/2 turn at a time and try it. The shift cable has stretch a little and the spring on the derailleur is pulling it into the next smaller gear.

Wtf Wrong kind of bike me thinks. My Busa doesn't have a rear derailleur Lol3

It's a new mod, allows for quick change of gear ratios when dragging, track days or salt racing. All the rage in Pakistan Pi_thumbsup!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Its spam with Basmati rice I reckon.

Back on the topic. I used to find I spent a lot of time in fourth, but the mapping changes have smoothed out the power delivery in third so much, that I now find myself holding third a lot longer.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(25-01-2014, 08:05pm)Belzybob Wrote: Its spam with Basmati rice I reckon.

Back on the topic. I used to find I spent a lot of time in fourth, but the mapping changes have smoothed out the power delivery in third so much, that I now find myself holding third a lot longer.

That's interesting. Mines getting remapped atm. I'll let you know if I find the same.
(25-01-2014, 09:09pm)Ward P Wrote:

That's interesting. Mines getting remapped atm. I'll let you know if I find the same.

Funny that I've also found the same since having the flash done a while ago, anyway it really depends on the roads if it's quite tight then I seem to end up in 3rd but if it's nice following twisties then 4th the bike just seems to love it and then as the roads open up well you know how it goes 6th here we come and just hang on for the ride..Very Happy
(26-01-2014, 01:33am)Rev004 Wrote:
(25-01-2014, 09:09pm)Ward P Wrote:

Funny that I've also found the same since having the flash done a while ago, anyway it really depends on the roads if it's quite tight then I seem to end up in 3rd but if it's nice following twisties then 4th the bike just seems to love it and then as the roads open up well you know how it goes 6th here we come and just hang on for the ride..Very Happy

You guys are spot on! I have just had a weekend through the Snowys after the Flash. The Gen2 gear indicator is great, and realised I was was now sitting in 3rd most of the time. At one stage was fanging pretty quick and punching past a few bikes and felt it was reving a bit high, looked down and I was in 2nd. Before the flash it would be an absolute pig winding on and off the throttle that high up in the revs. It's just that much smoother.
(09-02-2014, 09:34pm)Ward P Wrote: It's just that much smoother.

That's it precisely - flashing done correctly is more than just extracting more power. It was only when I was shown the original maps on a screen that I appreciated the butchery that had been done in the name of noise/emissions and whatever.

Strangely I probably notice the benefits the most when in slowish town traffic; none of the snatch and jerk that go with the standard map......
Government certified carpet muncherDrool