Pillions
Tip for teaching pillions.
start them young. This is my daughter at 10 years old.

she's got the look thru the corner on the inside all worked out.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
...but why isn't her leg dangling out like Danny Pedrosa like you told her?

[Image: legup2s_zps5ff74e35.jpg]

Next time, get it right, or no dinner for her!
I bet she is smiling under her helmet lol
The minister of war and finance was new to fast bikes when I got the
Twisted Angel, But she has worked out that at speed she just puts her forhead inbetween my shoulder blades and hangs on! Works for us.Scary

Your young'n looks like she will be pinching the bike in no time (as soon as she can touch the ground) You had better hide the keys!Biker

Can anyone tell me why the GP boys drop the leg? they only used to through out the knee comming into corners!Confused
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
(14-09-2013, 10:24am)Corpsedealer Wrote: The minister of war and finance was new to fast bikes when I got the
Twisted Angel, But she has worked out that at speed she just puts her forhead inbetween my shoulder blades and hangs on! Works for us.Scary

And don't push down on the peg.

I'm "in the same boat" all I ever see is the back of hubby's helmet.
My daughter is only 3 weeks away from her 8th birthday and is really looking forward to being allowed on the back of the Busa. She's not much of a thrill seeker, but I'm confident she'll like it. Hoping she'll become a good pillion like yours Wardy.
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
My daughter has been on the back since she was about 4. She already owned her own helmet and was devastated when they they changed the laws so she wasn't allowed on any more, (we lost about 18 months) but as soon as old enough, just loves to go for a ride. I've always been very careful not to go very hard and not to scare her, and although I can't even feel her weight, have told her that it's important that a pillion has to set up early for every corner, be looking through the corner around the rider, be set well before the corner and not shift her weight in the corner. My OTHER pillion has also had this drummed into her!! haha. - they never listen unless you tell them it's life or death (and it may well be.)

I pity her 1st boyfriend who has a motorcycle! Lol3

(14-09-2013, 10:24am)Corpsedealer Wrote: Can anyone tell me why the GP boys drop the leg? they only used to through out the knee comming into corners!Confused

This makes me laugh, it's probably closest to the truth
http://motomatters.com/opinion/2009/07/2..._wave.html
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
my now 19 yr old daughter ,started to ride with me when she was 5 i used to double her about 2 ks to school in the morning ,she thought is was the coolest thing ,id pick her up some afternoons if id finished work nice and early,lol,we also did a lot of rides locally up here nothing to long but it was great ,plus as she got older ,i built a house 30ks out of town on a long and twisty road,my youngest daughter ,doesnt like bikes,mum on the other hand has had a few moments ,on my old 1100w,almost slide off the bike in a 65k left hander,i managed to grab her with my left arm ,then stand the bike up straight and come to a stop,the next was we were doing 90k ,in a 65k right handed bend when for no reason ,she sat up to the left,lol,ive had the wife on the Busa,once ,she couldnt beleive how good it felt,i had to go through ,the whole do as i do ,dont etc etc,
22yrs ago when we got married all i owned was a bike and we rode every were for years,i think age has made her forget how much fun bikes are
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
I remember yrs ago when the youngest daughter was 17, we were on the Vulcan 1600 stopped at a set off traffic lights. I didn't hear what the women driver next to us said because off the load pipes but when we arrived home the daughter said the women called her a "hussy" WTF???
That was the last time she came on the back off the bike Frown
Ur a lucky man Wardie... for those that remember the pick of my daughter with me and my new bike, well she never did get on it..... She didn't like my new girlfriend (now my lovely wife) and decided to cause a lot of shyte. When I found out about it we had a big head to head over it. The result was she had to go live with her mother and we have never talked since.
BUT my wife which has never ben on a bike before she met me has already started on the 01..this summer it will be the new 99.. while nervous she is willing to have a go and I know she will end up loving it
At the moment all I have done is go slow around corners and keep bike as upright as I dared but this summer I have told her she needs to get used to the bike leaning... I maintain some basic rules for her
1. don't move, lean or adjust yourself while the bike is in motion
2. hold on to me
3. relax

I will be happy when she gets to #3 properly as my balls don;t like being crushed against the tank each time we go down a hill LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(15-09-2013, 09:40am)revhead Wrote: mum on the other hand has had a few moments ,on my old 1100w,almost slide off the bike in a 65k left hander,

My last bike was an 1100WP and my wife enjoyed going pillion on that. She was a good pillion too, even though I probably wasn't always the best rider for her. That bike certainly was an animal compared to how smooth the Busa is. Unfortunately though, in 5 years, my wife has only been on the back of the Busa once and hated it. She mainly doesn't like the height and position of the grab rail, and the length of the riders seat makes it hard for her to hold on to me.

I bought one of the Oxford Pillion Grips Belts, mainly for my daughter, but I'm thinking it might help my wife too. Just need to get a chance to try it out. Not sure if I'll like wearing/using it, but if it makes my daughter feel more secure and confident then it's worth it.
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
the old gsxr1100wp mine was a p a 94,fun bikes,no grunt 10 kilos heavier then a 99,00 busa,but you know,lol
My two kids got Helmets for their 8th Birthdays. My son is a natural as a pillion but my daughter has a bit of a way to go yet. My partner took it like a duck to water. She just loves being the pillion.

[Image: 36797_1562172015996_3645341_n.jpg]
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
My wife and 12 year old son are great pillions took son to supers this year with a mate and his son me busa he had R1 We trailered bikes from Mildura to near frankston rode to island boys had a ball. My wife rides as well she loves the busa too I get on the back with her as well for a little ride around town.
mine with wife before i stuffed it ,soon to be respayed this colour ,faster then the red and black model hey Pan,lol,still love this bike still own this bike
[Image: 578137_3000356500110_278856571_n.jpg]