Start off the grid - Help!!!!
Went club racing last weekend at our local track in Mallala and had a lot fun. However had a lot of problems with the start part which then affected the whole race. In the first, a massive wheelie and loss of many seconds. In the second I stalled completely with even worse result. Having covered both extremes, in the third, I managed to keep it down but it was still pathetic. I need some advice and pointers on a fast and smooth acceleration from the start line as I know a lot of you are involved in the drag racers and know a bit about it Yes So please spill the beans on technicalities of the art here.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
The big wheelie would have looked impressive ClapYes
stock swingarm?. you might need to grow a few inches.
(28-09-2013, 01:57pm)BikerBoy Wrote: stock swingarm?. you might need to grow a few inches.

Yeap, all stock gixxer 1000 (with few mods of course but not to the frame). Rear raised 2mm from OEM specs.
try 2nd gear ,with a little more clutch ,and throttle, will take the snap out of the launch
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
Out to the local industrial area on a quiet Sunday arvo and practice, practice, practice. Just what I have found, sometimes less is more. Short shifting often produces the same speed out of the box. Hope this helps, Paul.Very Happy
(02-10-2013, 04:38pm)cyndemgum Wrote: Out to the local industrial area on a quiet Sunday arvo and practice, practice, practice. Just what I have found, sometimes less is more. Short shifting often produces the same speed out of the box. Hope this helps, Paul.Very Happy

Thanks Paul. You are right - everything takes practice. Have a problem with an "industrial area" though as there is really nothing suitable around. Will practice on some country road on a busa to get a feel for it.

Cheers Pi_thumbsup