SOFT PANNIER BAGS
Just got these from fleabay...

Took about 2 minutes to set up on bike and after 2 days in rain they handled it okay. Not perfectly dry inside but not filled with water either. Will now add some linings on the underside to reduce rubbing on paint and see how much I can jam inside them...

BTW. Cost me $95.95 plus post..
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
okay.. used bags twice now and I think 3800 klm is enough to give my opinion...

the spray covers that are hidden in a pocket cover each bag nicely even when fully expanded. Unfortunately one side started to get a hole in seam line within 100 klm of starting out. while repairable (I haven't yet) I thought it was a bit "cheap" that it started to fall apart before I even got outta Tassie.
by the time I got 1000 klm I noticed the first row of stitching holding the Velcro strap to each bag part. When I looked further I found there was plenty of more stitching rows to hold it together and I was using the buckle straps as well so I wasn't too concerned with it.. BUT again it made the bags feel "cheap"
after 2500 klm of riding and feeling totally knackered after a lovely 870 klm in 10 hours I broke one of the plastic buckles on the buckle straps... just another thing to make it feel "cheap" but still remain usable.

Now even though I have constantly used the word "cheap" here you do have to remember THEY ARE CHEAP... $99 for the pair!!!

I would suggest that these type of bags are ideal if you are just looking at doing a 1 off long trip, or are not sure if you need panniers... maybe also as a starting point, budget wise, for kitting out your bike in a long distance tour mobile.

as I said in another post.. my next storage idea for riding will be my mono-wheeled trailer...
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Cheap is ok though, don't forget my Bagster Panniers I had on for the Brissy to Adelaide run were SENSATIONAL.
Didn't budge at all, streamlined but plenty of room. Full waterproof covers. Looked great LOL. They rested on my pillion pegs too which carried the weight and balanced wonderfully.
I paid $100 for them too. From Carlisle tyres and bikes in Sydney via ebay.
I cannot rate the Bagster panniers highly enough. Absolutely brilliant.
Your find seems good too. Once you fix the seam sounds like they're a good keeper :)
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
I have some RJ's soft expandable panniers that have been faultless. Been in torrential rain over several days stayed dry. Clips and buckles and straps still all good. I put some kitchen surface non slip mat between them and the paint and lost no paint. They're 4 years old now and cost $150 I think. Something like that
I have a set of Rjays expandable bags and they are top notch but what has helped me is the saddle bag racks
Somebody left the door open and a weirdo got in .. Knuppel2
Hey, we r all weirdos.., but I agree, that was extra weird
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Gone now!
Nah! he/she is just a little bit lost on tha world wide webLol2
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
Aaaawwwwww Max I nearly worked out what to do with my bangs
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Got some soft panniers for my busa and they are awesome just having issues with them rubing my paintwork what's a good thing to use to stop them rubing ?
I used spray on glue to layer up some micro fibre on the inside of my panniers, that way the sides get a polish more than a rub LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Oxford bags I use. Very good. I use a drysack inside.the raincovers flew away, they need to be fastened to the bags rather than being independent. My 2 c
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

Thx shorty you reminded me I need to patch up my rain covers for Tathra LOL

seems the cheapies don;t enjoy sitting on $1.40 for about an hour straight... wind got into a seam line and put it to bits LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1