re Tyres: Experienced Busa riders Advice Request
I use Pilot Road 3's. Great life (around 12000km) and performance.

Not as sticky as pure sport tyres, but then you get the longer life.

Cheers
Pilot power3s
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

I have to agree with Andcad on this I'm also running the Avon Storm Ultra 2, great tyre with good performance all round and have become a bit of a Avon Fan (tyres that is Very Happy) had the VP2's prior to this one and loved them but didn't last long.

Now in saying that I know plenty of guys that are running the Road 3 and love them and getting awesome mileage out of them so I spose you never know until you try.
Wardy knows. Gilesy runs them on his track gsx1000. My bro in law trains riders with shawn. I catch up with shawn occasionally. I can not fault the dunlop sportsmarts. Love them. Good k's and great grip. They need a little warming up as is the dunlop way, but they stick really well. Name dropping I know but I will use these tyres all the time on my busa.
Done 35,000 km on Metzeler M5 front and back on the 2011 busa. Only tried a few other tyres in the bike's life... the Metzeler K8 interact I think it was didn't work for me... really didn't like the touring tyre profile as it made the busa heavy to tip into corners. The M5 makes the busa feel sports bikey.

I can say the M5 tyre is awesome in the wet. That is why I fit them, even though 4k on the back is par for the course. But the grip is worth it. On Falls creek road, in the rain, when I hit gravel going hard, the front started to slide... I had to single out the path through the trees at the side of the road - held my breath, then the front griped again and I made it round. That's the tyre for me!

Only ever spun up the back on full throttle round a 2nd gear corner in the dry... yep, going hard. My fault as I allowed the rear to clip the centre line at the corner apex. Spun up and when it gripped again, as the bike came up out of the corner, it stayed in control no problem. I never do that, and try not to, but it wasn't the drama it might have been, thank goodness.

Pretty terrible in mud though!

TonyAAA
One twist of the wrist at a time...