The Law and Us
Bit of hands on needed again lad's,
Just been advised that two of the mates have been hit by the Highway Patrol for having Akropovic Cans enroute to PI. Apparently on both ocassions Db's were not measured, just an out of hand "they are illegal"
I contacted a few people and found this practice is happening in other places as well. Has anyone who is not at the Island had similar experiences?

I come from better days! Frown

Cheers

dad1300
'Now where did I leave my slippers' Ghastly
Most yellows are guesstimates these days...the plods will have their fun.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
from my experience getting my new addition registered.. if the cans have not got a Db rating on them then they will be NOT acceptable. NOW, the only way to get a Db rating on a can is from the manufacturer of that specific bike as each bike has a different Db straight out of pipe the can has to be mounted and assessed..
Think of it as a lazy way to get you.. no info on cans, ur booked

I bet if u make up a fake manufacturer plate with a max Db rating of under 90 Db u wont get nicked lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Hey Tony lunch is over ya know!!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Lunch is NEVER over at my job hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
being a mechanic ,i will argue with the pigs and their misguided bullshit ,i win everytime ,f*** em i say,and remember to ask for the name and their service number ,and when they ask why tell them il be registering an official complaint about you misguided conduct and home made rules,
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
The Akra slip-ons came with factory certification and are fully street legal, so do not take any shit from cops on this one. Full systems however are the different story and it is not the dB level that is the problem but the lack of catalitic converter in it. They can ping you for this one as the vehicle will not meet the EPA emission levels. There is no way around this one unless you get certification that the emission levels of the exhaust system (any but the OEM) are within legal limits. Akrapovic does not certify any full systems for an use on public roads.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
re Akra,
I rang the national distributor and he assured me a street legal can
S-S13R2-HRC/1 on a clogged up Gen2 will be ok. (hope the"R" isn't racing? please double check if your going there)

I have also heard of a carbon can burning through with the restrictor in. S/S or titanium was the recommendation.

Cheers

dad1300
'Now where did I leave my slippers' Ghastly
(17-10-2013, 11:57am)dad1300 Wrote: re Akra,
I rang the national distributor and he assured me a street legal can
S-S13R2-HRC/1 on a clogged up Gen2 will be ok. (hope the"R" isn't racing? please double check if your going there)

I have also heard of a carbon can burning through with the restrictor in. S/S or titanium was the recommendation.

Cheers

dad1300

According to Akra factory information both the S-S13R2-HRC/1 and the S-S13R2-RC/1 are a full racing systems without cat converter and therefore illegal on all public roads including Australian.

Only the S-S13SO2-HRC (slip on) is a street legal system and comes with Akrapovic certification.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(16-10-2013, 11:13am)Batfink Wrote: I bet if u make up a fake manufacturer plate with a max Db rating of under 90 Db u wont get nicked lol

Ha Ha! Reminds me of when we use to carefully grind off the 'Not for Highway Use' off our knobby tyres!
(19-10-2013, 02:13pm)Camel Wrote: Ha Ha! Reminds me of when we use to carefully grind off the 'Not for Highway Use' off our knobby tyres!

You have knobbies on your Hayabusa? You're a wild man Camel.....

Cheers Rich
There is no law Pi_freak

....but, if ya really that paranoid about it Dad, bung one of these on ya exhaust stack;

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/category85_1.htm
(23-10-2013, 05:58pm)GRUNTMAX Wrote: There is no law Pi_freak

....but, if ya really that paranoid about it Dad, bung one of these on ya exhaust stack;

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/category85_1.htm

$418!!! Are you kidding me for that piece of roadside metal!!! You can put chickenwire down your exhaust for $4.50 from Bunnings and put the bike down to 50 decibels then take it out later and annoy your neighburs at 4 in the morning all over again.

$418 is 13 Cartons of VB when they're on special and a 750 bottle of Jim Beam. Get real Grunty..
Hey jam. It's a cat. Makes you emissions compliant mostly. Good plan for a performance exhaust with a bit more piece of mind.
Regards

Dan
Hi guy's
If you were to take the bike to an automotive engineer and got the Db's checked and certified wouldnt that coun't? cause people get custom bike/cars engineered all the time so the exhaust's they use must be within the laws spec's!! for both emision's and Db's!
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM