Racks 'n Bags
Ok, I finally got through the "Blue? Mountains and back with my new 2nd hand K8. All happy.

Now for a Rack and a Bag so I can do a few days getting to know her.
There seems to be plenty out there but what should I look for and where?

Can any member help an old (happy) fart?

Cheers

dad1300

PS My heart goes out to all those who have suffered in the Bushfires. Im nearly 66 and have NEVER seen or heard of such carnage. In October???
Even the old Catherine Hill Bay Pub got a little black - not on!
'Now where did I leave my slippers' Ghastly
Hey Dad,
I just put the Ventura rack and bag on mine and I'm more than happy with it. Where abouts in NSW are you ? My local distributor turned out to be an old school mate.
I've been using a Ventura rack on my last 4 or 5 bikes. I reckon they're pretty good!! Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
(26-10-2013, 08:43am)Dale Wrote: Hey Dad,
I just put the Ventura rack and bag on mine and I'm more than happy with it. Where abouts in NSW are you ? My local distributor turned out to be an old school mate.

Cool Dale,
I'm in Newcastle the home of "Honest Norm Fraser"

(26-10-2013, 11:54am)PostmanPete Wrote: I've been using a Ventura rack on my last 4 or 5 bikes. I reckon they're pretty good!! Biker

Yeah Postie, that seems to be the word.

Cheers

dad
Had the Ventura Mistral 47 on my 2011.
Was very good, however....
I've just upgraded to a Givi V47NN "Carbon" top box system for added protection and a better look too ;)
SENSATIONAL is the only word that comes to mind.
I upgraded it with the backrest and LED brake lights too.
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
Got any pics Alchemist??? Always interested to see other options for storage.......
66 & u just bought a Busa...GOOD BLOODY ON YA Clap
Yeah, good on ya Dad1300!
I wasn't gonna say to much being 64!
Still peddling as fast as I can tho.
And when you've got the helmet on, no-one knows anyway!
Good luck to you mate, and look forward to meeting you.
You're going to come across some great guys here, and a formidable amount of knowledge!
(27-10-2013, 06:26pm)captainrob Wrote: Yeah, good on ya Dad1300!
I wasn't gonna say to much being 64!
Still peddling as fast as I can tho.
And when you've got the helmet on, no-one knows anyway!
Good luck to you mate, and look forward to meeting you.
You're going to come across some great guys here, and a formidable amount of knowledge!
them be fine words there Capt,n
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
Warning; If your putting this much weight down the arse end of the muther, make sure you replace the hollow Suzuki Upper Sub Frame Bolts that shear right through & will put you on your arse & kill ya. Replace with High Tensile Solid Bolts.

For us noobs, got a picture of which exact bolts these are that need replacing?
Thanks for the encouragement Lads,
50 years of race and road survival (almost) is a bit of a task these days. A mentor of old told me in the early '60's, "Watch the bloody car drivers, they just don't see ya!
... Still true today? :)

Cheers

dad

(27-10-2013, 10:34pm)GRUNTMAX Wrote: Warning; If your putting this much weight down the arse end of the muther, make sure you replace the hollow Suzuki Upper Sub Frame Bolts that shear right through & will put you on your arse & kill ya. Replace with High Tensile Solid Bolts.

Spot on Grunt, Unbrako's all round and a Small Pack so you can't be tempted to take what you think you need, just what you do need.

Cheers

dad
(28-10-2013, 09:03am)dad1300 Wrote: "Watch the bloody car drivers, they just don't see ya!
... Still true today? :)

did U miss the 80's where the car drivers DID see you and only wanted to run you off the road???? Scary

think of what your skinny little ass on the road has to attend with from drivers these days...

mobile phones, texting, in car systems, "ME ME ME" attitudes, a generation driving that think it's their right to drive, blah..blah..blah....

yeah, it's scarey
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(28-10-2013, 08:54am)vegie Wrote: For us noobs, got a picture of which exact bolts these are that need replacing?

+1 - Gruntmax is this an issue on Gen 2 also ? Which bolts are we talking about ?
Cheers.
(28-10-2013, 10:29am)mozza24 Wrote:
(28-10-2013, 08:54am)vegie Wrote: For us noobs, got a picture of which exact bolts these are that need replacing?

+1 - Gruntmax is this an issue on Gen 2 also ? Which bolts are we talking about ?
Cheers.
The "Subframe" is the rear frame section that bolts on with 4 x bolts. 2 on either side. The Subframe is what your pillion's bum sits on if your that stupid to carry a pillion. Take off the riders seat & you'll see the top 2. You are probably better of taking off the rear plastics & replacing all 4 with High Tensile Solid Bolts. I bought mine at the ARB Four wheel drive place in coffs harbour, right next door to the motorcycle shop. High Tensile Suspension Bolts for 4 wheel drive.
Here's your Suzuki Bolts that'll kill ya ! Are from a Gen2 I bought after the last Gen1 got wiped out by a drunk woman driver by the name of MARTINA STEWART