New guy
Hi all. Just bought a red/black 99. I have a fair bit of city riding experience but 99% of it was on my VTR250. not much experience on a big bike and my first week of Busa ownership was less than awesome.
I got it from a second hand dealer and rode home like I just sold a 250 and bought a 1300, anxiety at every set of lights not wanting to get thrown off while being aware that cars behind can see me putting along almost stalling on the 20th centuries ultimate icon of speed and balls.

The next outing had me feeling like the bike was no big deal and I was slightly disappointed until it sputtered along stalling at lights and generally being a piece of shit, at this point I was hugely disappointed. I looked up this site and freaked out thinking of all the things that could be wrong with my new(old) bike.
As soon as I could, I dropped the bike at Mick hone had it serviced, injectors cleaned and all filters replaced.
It cost a heap but could have been much worse. The mechanic showed me the filters and photos of the cleanable filters before he cleaned them.
It seems the previous owner didn't believe in servicing.

The silver lining was that the fuel pump was still good and all that power(and anxiety) was back for the ride home.

Again I'm in love with my bike and can't wait for this bullshit Melbourne weather to dry up.

Hope to see you all on the road
Heezus.
Great to have ya here, Heezus!!

Congrats on your new busa mate (I must love the red/black '99's, I've got two of them!)

Hope to see ya at a club event one day!!

keep it fun,
bazman
G'day Heezus, Welcome

Glad to hear you got it sorted after a poor start.
Just take it easy and don't get into it too hard too early, it's got a little more poke than your VTR250.Lol3
Over the next little while you'll learn why we love the Busa.
Enjoy your new ride.Pi_thumbsup

And pics please.
I bought my first 99 red/black back in 2003. Felt much the same and took it easy for years...

Best advice I got was from a mate called Franko:

1) "ride to your ability, not the bike's ability"
2) "when riding with mates that go fast, let them go. You'll catch up at the next servo anyway"

Do you have any modifications done to yours? I guess you probably don't know if you're very new to Busas. Post up a few pics and we'll let you know...

Mine's still pretty stock, kind of...

[Image: s7_zpsa29928ee.jpg]

[Image: s6_zpse4170c9c.jpg]

[Image: s5_zpseab7c031.jpg]

[Image: s2_zps59dc677a.jpg]

[Image: s1_zps7699931e.jpg]

I love my red/black!
Welcome mate... I can still remember the day I got my busa, the feelings of OMG and fear of its reputation. Funny thing is I had a similar thing with clogged up injectors that in the end wouldn't even allow it to start and I had to have them and filter cleaned too LOL.
Enjoy the bike to its fullest, from crawling along to mind blowing speed if you want it....

BTW my new 99 is happy doing 125 in first at around 10K revs. Lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
The '99s are awesome. Enjoy
But don't get too comfortable on it too early, be gentle for quite a while till you find your limits, they have got teeth and will bite if not carefull, just like any large ballsy bike.
Having said that they are a well behaved bike and you should get many years of trouble free riding out of it.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Welcome to the Club mate as a full member Lol3
The anxiety will slowly pass and soon you will be looking for upgrades and improvements. But like others already 've said - take it easy untill you get comfortable with it.
More importantly you still have enough time to pack up and ride to the sunny Normanville SA for our annual Busa Bash this weekend. That will complete your initiation and we can all drool about Busas some more.

Cheerio.Biker
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Thanks for the welcome guys.
The bike has a single Magnum exhaust and maybe an aftermarket rear disk. Riding it since the service makes me think that is all that has been done. Before the service it sounded so lumpy at idle that I thought it had more going on. It was a nightmare at the lights, it felt like the accelerator was an on/off switch. Since the service it feels so damn smooth.

The riding position feels great now. Didn't take me long to get used to it. I pretty much want to go on and on about how much I love it but I'm sure you guys already know everything I would have to say.

Haha I'm ready for the next upgrade, amazing earplugs. I cant imagine needing any more power but it would not surprise me if everyone says that and six months later cut loose on the credit card. I feel like it could do with better brakes but I think the real issue is me learning what stopping 250kg from 150+ feels like(the VTR250 feels like a bmx now).

Any advice on how to launch at the lights would be appreciated. You guys must have nerves of steel.
ride days sound awesome, ride days far from home sound even better. As soon as I feel comfortable I will get involved for sure.
Welcome mate.
Welcome Heezus.

Is your new toy the Busa that was for sale on Elizabeth Street?
Welcome, mate! Appreciate your openness - sure was a dissapointing start but I reckon you'll be right now.
This is a great site; lot of knowledge here. Just ask, and someone will know - guaranteed!
Maybe now the weathers getting better there will be a chance to get together?
Keep an eye out for the ride to Noojee Toolshed. It's a great ride and destination.
Nothing looks better than a row of Busas parked together!
Rob
PS Have a closer look at Pans pictures. There's a few secrets lurking there.......?
Welcome Heezus,
As the others have said mate, plenty of advice to be had on here, and heaps of great blokes to boot. Hope to catch up with ya someday Pi_thumbsup
Cheers .. Dale
When is the next toolshed ride? I would really love to go. If it fits between work and a young family I am there.
I got my bike from spot on, Elizabeth Street.
Welcome to the fold

Keep her up and fun is the word, and that can be had at all
Speeds. Enjoy and respect her and she will look after you in return
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
Bit of a surprise to pass another Busa this morning......was that you?