Rear hump protection
Apologies if this has been reviewed elsewhere, but what's everyone's opinion o the best protection for the hump? The odd shape leads me to believe a special type is required and I'm after a choice of colour in order to match the paintwork.

D.
What are you trying to protect it from? I've found a good quality polish/wax looks after it quite well, but perhaps not from a studded thong strap or something similar }:-)
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
My g-banger is actually bedazzled and the leather tends to rub when I get excited cruising down Oxford St.

Thanks for the pointless reply. Anyone got anything worth reading?
I think bezlybob was trying to point out that there is no "cover" or "bra" accessory for the hump as far as I know anyway...

No comments are pointless, some just might have a point thats not needed LOL

The only time your hump should be getting ny abuse is when you are taking it off and on, your body and aerodynamics should protect it from any oncoming crap...
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I see. I have a mate with a gen 1 that has protection similar to the ones made for the tank so if what you say is the case, then possibly that's all he's put on.

It surprises me that it isn't an issue given the position you're in when launching or cracking the double tonne, but I concede that i'm new to Busas whereas Bob's obviously experienced (albeit riding pillion in rainbow parades).
LOL.. we all ride them different..

The busa was designed to be ridden fast with hump on, the shape forms the curve of the riders back creating a sleeker shape that reduce low pressure spots at the rear of the bike creating a better stability and capacity to ride faster IMO...

I am sure if you posted some pics of the hump cover u have seen someone might know where.who to get them.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Hump ... Protection ... ummm CONDOM ... Wm Nerd
(28-11-2013, 04:28pm)Dale Wrote: Hump ... Protection ... ummm CONDOM ... Wm Nerd

Hump? Fuckin' anaconda mate. Visited the Parkes radio telescope today and they still haven't found my knob Coolrasta
Never found the need for anything on the hump. Mine just gets a quick buff with some Plexus after washing.
If you are concerned about scuffing the front of the hump with the arse of your leathers though, an offcut of tank gripper like TechSpec cut to shape would probably work quite well.
What you could do is have the hump wrapped in a clear protective film , I'm having my bike wrapped in a clear film in a few weeks at Hornsby sign wave by brad and his team of gurus
Being a short arse Ive kicked the crap out of mine! but my fairing is scatched to hell from dropping it so im not concerned
as yet. new plastics late next year if the Minister of War and Finance allows!
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
(28-11-2013, 02:45pm)Hellfire Wrote: My g-banger is actually bedazzled and the leather tends to rub when I get excited cruising down Oxford St.

Thanks for the pointless reply. Anyone got anything worth reading?
I thought it was a reasonable reply. Possibly in reernce to the WA Busa run where a certain unnamed member wears bright yellow bedazzled thongs for a laugh.

No need to jump all over someone.
(28-11-2013, 03:03pm)Hellfire Wrote: I have a mate with a gen 1 that has protection similar to the ones made for the tank

What does that mean? He has a covering over the hump, like a hump bra? (yes, I'm being serious)

Invested a bit of money in mine. Love it.

[Image: 7430152806_74dbab1e8a_b.jpg]

[Image: 7506554352_c89a6f5387_b.jpg]
That is a bloody good idea Pashnit and looks awsome aswell
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
Hmm, Pashnit's hump has those unstressed neurons in my brain slowly making a connection to form the germ of an idea.
I have perspex. My wife has an oven. I have a block of wood and a sander that may be used to form a buck. I could..... f***, I've lost it.