lowering link install gen 2
Hey guys,
Tried this morning to install adjustable lowering links to my bike but despite the use of a rear stand and a smaller jack to unload rear suspension, i couldn't find the sweet spot to get the old bolts out and the OEM links off. Any suggestions on what i may have done wrong?

Many thanks Very Happy
rear grab handle on, and suspend fron the roof....

easiest way

ash
(29-11-2013, 12:10pm)Axe Wrote: rear grab handle on, and suspend fron the roof....

easiest way

ash

Love to, but my shed is my backyard. I also thought of the steel bar through the swingarm pivot with 2 chassis stands either side but i dont have either of them as well. DOH!!!
You need to wriggle and jiggle them for a while. Get help though. Don't do it alone.
I used a swing arm pivot stand. That is also the easiest way, however, if you do find one in a bike shop, you may have to have the pivot pin that goes through the swing arm machined up on a Centerlathe.

For the front, get 2 pipe clamps that will go round the forks below the triple clamp. Set at 1 1/4" or however much you want to drop, then slide the triple clamps down to the pipe clamps. Then remove pipe clamps after triple clamp is fixed.
That's how you can do it by yourself with no roof over your head.
I'll give it another shot today but if i cant get them out, i'll send the bike to either s and r pro or the dealership. Not going to risk damage if they won't come out. Thanks guys for the feedback Pi_thumbsup
(30-11-2013, 09:17am)jamie Wrote: I'll give it another shot today but if i cant get them out, i'll send the bike to either s and r pro or the dealership. Not going to risk damage if they won't come out. Thanks guys for the feedback Pi_thumbsup

Call me if stuck you know where I live Nerd
(03-12-2013, 08:43pm)simmo Wrote:
(30-11-2013, 09:17am)jamie Wrote: I'll give it another shot today but if i cant get them out, i'll send the bike to either s and r pro or the dealership. Not going to risk damage if they won't come out. Thanks guys for the feedback Pi_thumbsup

Call me if stuck you know where I live Nerd

Thanks Simmo but i nailed it! It took a hell of a lot longer than i'd like but its done. Got the front lowered as well. I got about 2 mm of smooth surface still showing on the fork legs before the score lines start. All's well that ends well. Thanks for the chat on the phone to walk me though it. Much appreciatedPi_thumbsup