Clubmate Down...
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Thats good news to here
Bridget Fletcher
4 hours ago via Facebook for Windows Phone
Spent 5 hours with my boy today. He was awake for probably a total of 45 minutes. Not very good company. Physio came in twice to see him. He woke up eventually, she took him on a walk around the ward. And did some exercises. Then I fed him and he went back to sleep. Sleep is the best cure for brain injury. He has been approved by TAC for assistance. Friday I'm going to get quotes for his gear and put in a claim to the insurance company
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
"Sleep is the best cure for brain injury" -----you all know my thoughts on this, not true, www.hbot.com
Sleep, he'll be lucky if he sleeps 3 hours a day once he is stabilized & gets out of hospital, just hope he's different than me & by-passes those problems somehow.
Careful what you write on Facebook Bridget. My Lawyer & Barristers warned me about that. The Insurance company will be reading on a regular basis. Just like they new all about the 1580 I was attempting to build from this AHC Forum & brought up at the 1st Court Case in an attempt to get a "discount".

Just to cheer Tim up, just before he leaves the rehabilitation centre, they'll tell him, "Because you've had a Brain Injury, you no longer have a Motorcycle License, or a Car Driving License". He'll have to sit both tests again, not written, but practical if the same in Tim's State as NSW.

Would be interested to know if the Truck Driver that wiped Tim Out by going through a Red Light of failing to give way (Traffic Offence & not a Criminal Offence like drink driving) looses his license.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Here's hoping that everything is OK with Tim once all is said and done..

Can happen to anyone of us at anytime

Guess it's a good chance to step back and assess your own life/requirements and make sure that everything is up to date and paid for, heaven forbid this happen to another member that may not have the correct insurance etc..

How would a bike that was deemed unroadworthy go in a situation like this in terms of medical and financial needs if it had a set of slip on's (example) or something that would give an insurance Co. a leg to stand on if they wanted to argue the payout or genuine need for compensation?

How many of us have income protection insurance?

I don't, maybe its something worth investigating, pity it takes an accident like this to "Prick the ears" so to speak..
I would like to wish Tim a full & speedy recovery, I didn't know him but from what I've been reading seems like a nice guy not that does matter as we never like to hear when someone goes down on a bike regardless of circumstance it always hits home to all of us in some form or another.

To his family best wishes in these trying times & keep your chin up Tim will need all the encouragement he can get..

Regards Kev. AKA Rev004

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Shit of a way to spend Christmas Thinking of you Tim
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Hang in their Tim!
Seems theres a lot of good people looking after you.
Looks like our Tim is getting a bit of a rough deal Confused

Quote:Bridget Fletcher

Oh I am so pissed off. Timothy has spent the whole day in holding at RMH and they didn't operate. Emergencies. They don't know if they will operate tomorrow or Sunday or even Monday. He's in a normal ward. Noisy. He's supposed to be kept quiet and in a darkened room. I got to move him to a single room, but there is a wailer down the corridor. The doctor we saw said that we could complain. Probably won't do any good. They didn't even know that he's on pureed food and still has a catheter in. He's trying to go to sleep, told him we will go home once he's gone to sleep. Gave him a kiss, he's not far off dropping off
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Quote:Bridget Fletcher

We just got home. Left Timothy asleep. Went to Telstra today to organize suspension of his mobile phone. Bit tricky, but my name has been put on as an authority, so I will do that tomorrow. Went to Melton Suzuki to get quotes for insurance. Very helpful, as I was leaving the owner came out to see me ( the staff told him about Timothy) he was lovely and very upset to hear about the accident. They are going to email me the quote. Came home tonight to a very hungry cat and dog. Will go and see him tomorrow afternoon, hopefully they will have operated. I'll cross my fingers and toes in hope.
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Bridget Fletcher

Quote:Well needless to say they didn't operate today, they aren't going to until Monday. I am not happy. The nurse has said that I need to complain.
No luck either with Telstra, they won't suspend his phone account. So he is stuck with paying the a phone that he can't use. We have a meeting with someone from TAC on Monday, maybe she can do something. Timothy's a bit down again today. Keeps asking when he's going home. What's really annoying with him at RMH is that all his stuff is at Epworth. Will have to take another toothbrush and toothpaste, and buy more sleep shorts.
Finally found my camera, after a week of searching, it was in a Toyworld bag that has Mitchell's Christmas present in it.
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Good luck to Tim and the Family!

Having just spent a week in hospital I sorta know what its like...

Good luck, and Merry Christams (if you can)...
"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"