'13 brakes
mm interesting, was at a dealer the other day and walked past a '13, noted the brembo's on the front, as I was walking past the tail...I did a double take, still a tohico(sp?) on the rear...and while i'm thinking about it...I didn't look at where the pickups were for the ABS, is the sensor on the fronts separate to the caliper? from what I saw of the brembo's i'm thinking the spacers push em out to 320mm or 330mm. hmmm...
Hot Coffee , Fast :Biker:

Diesel.
FRONT BRAKES
Brembo Monobloc Radial-mount 4-piston calipers, dual 310mm floating discs with ABS

direct off Suzuki

Yes you can see the ABS sensor position cable run down and be secured tot he bottom of the forks (lower caliper attachment frame). There is also the notched sensor reading disc at the center of the wheel, not part of the rotor.

From what I understand teh ABS actually effects the master cylinder not the physical caliper.... but htere would be others that understand better
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
does look pretty though!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
After I flashed my first 2013 Hayabusa I had to check that the ABS still worked. Flat out down hill, tried the back brake first. Beautiful, no lock-up. Then the front brake, again, perfect. Keep in mind that it is imperative that the right map be flashed to the ABS-equipped Busa. Flash a normal 15H00 AU map and the ABS doesn't work.

ABS is awesome. Makes me want to buy a 2013.

Also, ABS 'intervenes' with the fluid flow in the brake lines, just a solenoid that releases and applies pressure momentarily to prevent the wheel from locking up. The unit is tiny (by ABS standards) and sits under your fuel tank alongside your fuel pump.

As a point of interest, it appears the Gen II was always meant to have ABS. Check out the mounting point cast into the rear brake caliper mount on any Gen II.
an there ya go thanks fellas.. so it looks like these (calipers) will retrofit back onto a prior gen 2 with very little modification, if any at all....assuming the same rotor thickness..(the dia is the same as a 2012)..also assuming the same offset for the rotor...and assuming the casting for the mounting bolts spacings....So I can see the visible advantage, I rekon the brembo's look better, but do they outperform the tohico's? and by what kind of margin? they're both 4 pots, theyre both 310mm, is there another physical advantage?...as camel mentioned the solenoid is the "abs" part, so the fluid displaced by the stock oem master should operate both varieties identically, only thing that I can think of would be pads available to the brembo's that may or may not be to the tohico.... cheers for the pic too tony, figures the last thought of place i'd look, heh Suzuki promo shot, heh...

an yeh camel, lookin at my wheels also the castings are there for the sensor ring mounts.

Diesel.

Diesel.
Crozzer fitted Brembo monoblocs to his Gen II along with some Heil braded lines. Made a huge difference to feel and stopping power. Personally, I'd probably first spend $700 on a pair of cast iron discs and appropriate pads. Then the Brembos.
Bigger brakes means you can stop quicker to get that coffee brewin' Boobies4
(05-12-2013, 06:30pm)Dale Wrote: Bigger brakes means you can stop quicker to get that coffee brewin' Boobies4

True!
Just for the record Dale, Gen 1's have 320mm and Gen 2's only 310mm disks. Just saying...

Trophy
hahahah dale ur a funny guy =) coffee is what I think with, an with that said...

In this case though I think given the rotor sizing of the two is identical (gen 2 to gen 2), the brembo's are not bigger, and being 4 pots displacing very close to if not the same amount of fluid, so not bigger in the pistons (i'd have to check somehow but it wouldn't be much in it) the reverse might actually be the case...

The brembo's may actually apply the same force to smaller pads!! thereby creating more heat faster, and perhaps allowing for a higher value of materials in both pad and disc, and more stopping power over a smaller contact patch of the same diameter, again i'd love to see a pad set side by side to see it if it is true...

more thought required, in these days of mass production, pre planned and over engineering and model changes and mass buying for estimated sales in production...a lot of what i'm guessing at might be the case. I need more coffee...lol

Diesel.

Diesel.