More Information
For Tim's benefit;

.pdf   HBOT Effects On Blood.pdf (Size: 120.15 KB / Downloads: 24)

.pdf   THE MANUAL.pdf (Size: 385.19 KB / Downloads: 14)

www.hbot.com
good info grunt.. keep it coming

the more info they have the more choices they might be able to look at...

"hope for the best, plan for the worse"
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(09-12-2013, 10:04am)Batfink Wrote: good info grunt.. keep it coming

the more info they have the more choices they might be able to look at...

"hope for the best, plan for the worse"
Thanks for the good response Batfink. The other posts got deleted due to complaints & the total shortsighted mentality of some persons.
Sure, all Brain Injuries are different, just depends on where exactly one cops it, but when there is blood drifting around in the scull, puts pressure on the brain tissue & is usually known as a Severe Traumatic Brain Injury.
I've got a dent in my head where they drilled a bore hole to let the blood out. When I was discharged from the Brain Injury Unit at Ryde in Sydney, my 2nd Lawyer (1st one was run off) told me to get a GP. Hell, I didn't even know what a GP was because I'd never needed one before. I'll post a bit more info tomorrow, but hey, some people just don't like the truth.
After 6 months I looked into this, because as an oilfield diver, I'd done a stack of Surface O2 Decompression before. I gave the written instruction to my GP who passed the info onto QBE. After 3 years, 1 day before the so called "settlement meeting" (where I never settled), QBE rang me up when I'd instructed them already only to speak to my lawyer, they says "Will you be requesting Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy ?" I spat the dummy as I new that the HBOT would now not work because all the damaged brain tissue was now "scar tissue" which is totally un-treatable with HBOT.

Yeah, when one is discharged from the hospital after all the broken bones etc are pretty well on the way to recovery, one needs to start the HBOT treatment straight away, before it is all "Scar Tissue". No time for delays, but for someone with a Brain Injury, it is the sort of thing the family needs to start organizing straight away. Hope you enjoyed the Kurt Allen Jnr Video. The guy was discharged from the hospital for "failure to improve". Problem with a brain injury, because nobody can physically see it, everybody thinks "He's OK now, look, he's walking & talking". Some people need to learn how to talk again, & for some, impossible to ever talk properly again. I was lucky in that regards, some people not so lucky, but the Auzzie Quaks will keep pumping em full of psychotropic drugs & sending the poor victim to therapy sessions with some public servant parasite that will generally make a stack of money off the insurance company,that may be of little use or produce minimum improvement, if any.
HBOT Treatment is approved in Australia by Medicare for several ailments, but not for treatment of brain injuries because the Australian Medical Profession has done zero research into it for the treatment of brain injuries. It's too easy for the quak to prescribe mind altering addictive psychotropic drugs with many known & unknown side effects.
I'll post a bit more info tomorrow, but hey, some people just don't like the truth as it may produce results that really count. The name of the game is to REPAIR THE DAMAGE, NOT JUST TREAT IT WITH DRUGS & SO CALLED THERAPY CHAT SESSIONS.
I can see your frustration and now know better that you are trying to help Tim.. I am sure others see that too... While no where near as bad as you I lost a career I love due to "wear n tear" with no way back and only wheel chair in the future to look forward too. Unlike you I don't think mine is due to missing a treatment of some type just a "shit happens" scenario.

As I tried to say in my brief post... Any info you can post is could be something helpful to others whether they acknowledge it or not.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
As an ignorant slob when it comes to brain injury and treatment, Any info is a help and an eye opener to what some of us and our familys may have to endure one day.

Thanks Grunt for being willing to put up what you know to be true from experiance and not bowing to the extream left by shying away from "touchy subjects"
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
This'll do for today.

.pdf   USN Treatment Table 9.pdf (Size: 20.42 KB / Downloads: 0)
There's that dreaded US Navy Table 9 again.
Some people will suffer O2 Toxicity (doing the funky chicken) easier than others. 45 feet of seawater / 33 + the one atmosphere of surface pressure = 2.36 atmospheres absolute. In the good ol days with Taylor Diving & Salvage, they used to give all the divers an O2 tolerence test. 60 feet of seawater (FSW) breathing pure O2 for 60 mins straight. The chances of getting an O2 hit (O2 toxicity) increase with the time & the depth it is breathed at. Most divers surface O2 decompression tables for treating the bends are at 60 FSW for 20min O2 periods followed by 5 min air breaks.

.pdf   Before & After HBOT Brain Scan Photos.pdf (Size: 474.74 KB / Downloads: 1)

A lot of the Commercial outfits selling HBOT in the US only give O2 at 33 FSW maximum because they're paranoid of their clients getting an O2 hit.
I do not know what Dr Harch, ( www.hbot.com) , who is an ex US Navy Diving Doctor is doing, but, the longer (exposure period), and deeper (higher partial pressure of O2) one can safely tolerate as far as O2 treatment HBOT goes, the better. From what I know, the US Navy Table 9 is the Treatment Table used by Oilfield Divers, after the initial Table 6 Treatment @ 60 FSW carried out offshore. Table 9 is usually carried out by oilfield divers for several weeks or days onshore depending on the severity of the bend the diver has suffered.
The more treatments, the better. Up to 1 year of treatments I'd reckon for Severe TBI .
Lying in a chamber suckin pure O2 every day would not be fun. Improvement, if any, should be noticeable after the first 60 treatments or so. I say that, because a lot of people would expect instant success. It takes time & money, and you could bet your bottom dollar that Medicare & the Insurance companies would hate it with no 100% guarantee of success. The patient has to live with it for the rest of their lives, they don't.

.pdf   Bush Approves HBOT For Verterans With TBI\'s.pdf (Size: 118.15 KB / Downloads: 0)
During the course of all the legal bullshi* I went through, my lawyer sent me to this one of medical those appointments with a Rehabilitation Physician. I found out, the guy was also a Scooby Doo (Sport Diver) that "Knew it all". When I told the guy I wanted to have HBOT, straight away,
he says to me, "It won't work". Well, didn't that set me off ! Brain Injury mood swing !!! Frontal Cerebral, read the "Manual"
Catch ya tomorrow or in a few days, goto getta flight.
Not a bad flight.
I've renamed the last 2 files myself in the above post. If you notice in the Post in the General Section where I got abused & deleted by unbelievers, as it turns out I was 100% correct in my diagnosis.
...also, in the last attachment there is a Melbourne Address. Will someone please pass this on to Tim's relatives. I don't & won't use facebook.
Maybe the address is still valid, maybe it is not.
It is pointless talking to an Insurance Company, there is no time to delay really. Damaged tissue become totally untreatable with HBOT Scar Tissue the longer it is left, & you can't turn back the clock.
when i got hit by a clown police man doing an illegal u turn in his hwy patrol ,i woke up on the road ,then passed out ,woke up ,with some young girls tears drinpping on my face through my open visor,passed out ,woke up in west mead hospital, with no feeling in my whole left hand side,after waking up the 2nd day ,the doctor told me i had bruised the right side of my brain resulting in non permanent ,starts with P cant spell ,it ,well it took me 9 months to get back to full health, i had short term memory loss ,that was with me for 1 year after the accident ,i spent a lot of time in hydro pools ,i still suffer from the odd massive head ache ,used to get 4 or 5 a year ,they seem to have eased over the past 4 yrs lol and the doctors told me id never be able to lift weights ,etc ,so i didnt listen and just went about life .

a lot of people dont like to hear about head brain injuries but it happens everyday ,some like myself step out the other side ,of a head injury fine ,well i am a little nuts,lol
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
Sorry if I don't fit the color scheme;

.pdf   Turkstra Violent Crime 2003.pdf (Size: 82.2 KB / Downloads: 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=AU&hl=en-GB&v=nbFs9NN__Mk

THE END

Came across this : Tim's family may want to watch this, but I'm sure Tim will not with his current condition. I remember that I couldn't handle watching too much for too long after my drunk woman driver induced TBI. Probably the most comprehensive HBOT & TBI Video I've watched.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cIYt6lBw_M