Tassie Tour 15-17 FEB 2014
I am just as excited as you all for this trip... It has been many a year since I toured around my own State in a group and never as the fool trying to organise it LOL

Hoping if it is as good as I think then you and everyone joining in will convince others to join me riding around Tassie each summer

Cya in a few weeks
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
They have started up the road works on the west coast again..will keep eye on it and let you know whats happening before you guys get here
cheers Brookesy
We had 14 stay at the St Marys Pub back in 2010 bruce simmo & Hiedi where in that mix was a great stay we hit it on a Sat Night which had a great atmosphere The Publican let us put the bikes in the beer garden out back too it was only $20 back then but hey that's inflation for you
I didn't see you going on the Lake Leak Hwy I thought this was a good ride maybe conditions have changed cop's ect
Have a good run might see some of you next year Coolrasta
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Hey driller,
The first route did miss lake Leake by new one has it in both directions now lol

It still is a fun quick road
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

due to most of my tour routing done at work it was pointed out by GOOFTROOP that day1 part 2 wsan;t right... I think I have mad eit closer to whats going to happen now... added about 9 k's of extra twists and turns for everyone LOL

check it out again....

BATTY'S TASSIE TOUR
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(17-01-2014, 09:34pm)GOOFTROOP Wrote: They have started up the road works on the west coast again..will keep eye on it and let you know whats happening before you guys get here
cheers Brookesy
No matter what road works are going on, the Anthony Rd is worth doing! I name it as my favorite be road I did followed by the road between Queenstown and Derwent Bridge.Pi_thumbsupBikerVery Happy
(21-01-2014, 09:50pm)mozzie26 Wrote:
(17-01-2014, 09:34pm)GOOFTROOP Wrote: They have started up the road works on the west coast again..will keep eye on it and let you know whats happening before you guys get here
cheers Brookesy
No matter what road works are going on, the Anthony Rd is worth doing! I name it as my favorite be road I did followed by the road between Queenstown and Derwent Bridge.Pi_thumbsupBikerVery Happy

That feed back is great to hear.. I have always thought of making up a 7-10 day tour LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(21-01-2014, 09:53pm)Batfink Wrote:
(21-01-2014, 09:50pm)mozzie26 Wrote:
cheers Brookesy

That feed back is great to hear.. I have always thought of making up a 7-10 day tour LOL

The 3 passes on the East Coast plus the Lake Leake road were great to!Pi_thumbsup
Another good road that I did in a car was the B71 from Exeter towards Devon Port. Also the B110 from Bothwell to Hamilton was a gem.
Needed to get some Kms on bike before Feb ride to get leg and brain working a bit better so I did a bit of a pre run on Battys 1st day today..parts 1,2,3 and part of 4 then detoured into Sheffield and back again..
Coming down hill into Gunns plains they have been resurfacing road and still a 1km section in middle that is hard pack gravel.takes some of the fun out of it Frown
On other side where we turn from Cullens rd onto Castra rd there are fresh patches of spray n lay with extra gravel on some of the corners for about 3km?.was very interesting to find half way round a corner leaned over doing the speed limit Scary ..should be packed down/swept clean by time we go thru.
Also resurfacing on Cradle rd from chalet/Cethana turn off heading west,don't know how far as we head down Cethana rd.
Will check out roads again over next couple of wkends and let you know if anything has changed.
cheers Brookesy
Keeps those heat wave dances going peeps... The temp is climbing back into the 30s which will hopefully stay for most of Feb.

Thanks for checking the route Brookesy, was planning on doing some last minute checks over next few weekends.

Hey Wardy, you know PI will feel boring after all the twists and turns we will show you LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Did I just read road worksScary Gravel roadsScary
Biker
(28-01-2014, 07:11am)Foot Wrote: Did I just read road worksScary Gravel roadsScary

Can always try to find you routes on more main roads.. no fun corners, boring highways, still no guarantee of no road works.....

The way it looks you could expect about 1% of each day having some type of works happening... it will be checked to make sure even a rider like me can handle the "gravel" (BTW.. I HATE GRAVEL Knuppel2 LOL)

I promise it will all be worth it Pi_thumbsup

Biker Trophy
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Sorry to do this but just had my Appendix out !
I'm going to have to pull out of this ride.
Hope the rest enjoy it
Maybe after winter ill get down there.
Biker
(29-01-2014, 05:13am)Foot Wrote: Sorry to do this but just had my Appendix out !
Hope the rest enjoy it

What a bugger! Maybe you should borrow a cruiser for the trip - do the trip lying down. Hope you mend quick!

I take it you have the ferry booked and paid for - maybe you should put it out there if anybody wants a cheap trip Tassie trip?
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(29-01-2014, 05:13am)Foot Wrote: Sorry to do this but just had my Appendix out !
Hope the rest enjoy it

Hope you get better soon mate. BTW I wouldn't tour Tassie in any other months than maybe Jan/Feb as the temps and rain are so unpredictable at any time.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1