testing out QBE
Hi all,

Unfortunately on the weekend I had a small spill on my 99, very slow speeds trying to do a u-turn on dirt road. front tyre locked, slid into bank on left and over balances and fell on to right side.....

other then bruised ego I am all good Embarassed

As bike is custom paint job it will be interesting to see how/what happens with claim...

Nice young girl on phone told me to take into local Suzuki Dealership or assessment. After I do that it's a wait and see thingy...

the only other time I have ever claimed anything on insurance was a broken windscreen 5 years ago and house break-in nearly 20 years ago so I guess it's virtually new to me

fingers crossed Knuppel2
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Glad to hear you didn't damage yourself good luck with the claim
Hope the claim goes smoothly Tony
Bruised egos heel pretty quickly .. Pi_thumbsup
Bugger that's crap But glad your OK Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Dropped bike into Dealer today, assessor was 15 minutes away so waited for him.... pictures taken, and seems like agreed to replace all front panels and find a painter to replicate graffics, etc... and replace mirrors and exhaust

Will pick up bike at 5pm and hopefully find out what verdict is.....

wonder if I can get the old panels off repairer?? be nice to have a set in shed maybe in original colours
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Bit of a bummer scratching up the paintwork Tony..can happen to anyone..glad you ok..
Still coming riding this wkend with mozzie26
Cheers Brookesy

Ps no triumphs nearby that you could blame ? Pi_tongue
I leave you alone for five minutes and....glad you're OK Tony...time for the training wheels to be fitted??
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Well picked up bike but have to drop it back next week sometime.
Graphics guy says can replicate flames now just waiting on spray painters to open for painting new panels..

Apparently it's main colour (candy apple) then clear oats then flames then more clear... Go figure huh?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Still waiting for Dealer to call me to get bike back for spray painter....

Pulled out plugs yesterday and found all 4 black so bike is obviously rich (no oil burns)... Manual haste NGK CR9E as standard and plugs pulled were NGK CR9EK. Not sure what K meant but will find out lol

Putting in NGK CR8E plugs as they are in the manual and suggested for any cylinder running rich.

Will blow out air filter and see about reconnecting PC while I am at it... Just needs to be fully operational for Saturday morning
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

UPDATE......

Finally got word form Suzuki Dealer thats is handling insurance claim. He could not find a spray painter that was willing to try to match the existing candy red for a partial respray, as I thought they all said the only way to get good paint job was complete bike respray.
Told Dealer that I do have custom paint listed on my insurance and also an extended cover amount ($12K) which he told me the assessor already told him.. LOL

So he is going to put in a price for new front panel, everything else to be patched, and bike completely resprayed top to bottom...

The graphics will also be replaced and I am going to talk to graphics guy and see how much extra to put some highlighted blue flame work on bike too.... plus as extra thick finally clear layer LOL

next week I should hear form Dealer or Insurance about the result of claim, whether it's going to be repaired or stat write-off
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Still waiting for final outcome with bike.... QBE rang me week n half ago to update me on what was going on which was to tell me everything I already knew anyway LOL

Was hoping for a call last week about it all....

Either way I will not proceed until after Feb ride as I need bike LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

UPDATE.... STILL WAITING

QBE called and told me there was a delay with Dealer getting them prices..

Dealer called and I have to take bike back in to get another price of spray job... I hope no idiot thinks they can respray only SOME of the panels cause I don;t want a "nearly" matched candy apple panel
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

QBE's time frame to get things sorted isn't to great.ConfusedUndecidedPi_thumbsdown
When I wrote off my Landrover Discovery(flooded it driving through creek, up to top of steering wheel) I had a cheque in the mail $41k 7 days later, with SGIO.
QBE isn;t the problem at the moment.. they are now harassing the Dealer for him to get a price to them...

even the Assessor has asked me to harass Dealer to try to get ball rolling faster
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Bike is back at Dealer... He told me that his original spray painter decided to not price the respray which left him in the lurch. Left bike there until next week so he can get a few prices..

All I want to know is if QBE will want to declare it a repairable write off or cover repairs...
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1