to those with YTX14 sized batteries
If you want to run two separate batteries with auto-charging, check this link: http://www.1st-to-the-finish-line.com/pr...rness.html
How's the antigravity Simmo? I might get one
Regards

Dan
(16-01-2014, 07:50pm)Dan85 Wrote: How's the antigravity Simmo? I might get one

Good was $400 or $500 when I got mime over 6 months ago may have come down in price now but with high compression you need something to turn that sucker over when its hot

(16-01-2014, 02:28pm)playswithnitro Wrote: If you want to run two separate batteries with auto-charging, check this link: http://www.1st-to-the-finish-line.com/pr...rness.html

Looks good Mick do you know if you have to have matching battery's & it just belts the 12v starter motor with a 24v hit I take it
Simmo,
Starter belted with 24v. Auto-charging to both batteries. 12v to rest of system.
Matching batteries not required, that's the beauty of this setup.

I got the earlier version without the emergency switch.

Waiting for new Anti Gravity Batteries to arrive and will be fitting this to The Short Bus.

Overkill? Possibly but I've seen too many people lose races because they couldn't start or restart their hot Busa.

Also, having seen and heard the difference between 12 and 24v starting, there is no comparison.

I'm also planning ahead for any future mods.
So, is it the Total Cranking Amps (CCA) that really count, or the 2 x 13.8 volt batteries that really count ? I had one of those shitty little 2ndary batteries before. Even when both fully charged, you could not consistently crank it over again & again when the motor was hot.
I reckon Simmo's Battery combined with the SBD Motorsport Starter motor would be the go.
I'm happy with the 2 Big Batteries though. Many hot restarts throughout the day, & I always travel with a battery charger & extension cord anyway & stay @ 5 Star Motels. Takes about 30 mins to charge the 2nd battery to full with 3 amp charger after 4 days steaming. A lot of hot starts.

The less wiring, weight & electronic bullshit the better.

Yeah, I remember, a right pain in the arse;

Maybe the Tiger 2ndary charger is better, but I had one of those little black batteries in it before.
I've been really impressed with the Shorai batteries and won't use anything else. As far as I'm aware they are the lightest and most powerful available for each case size. I actually went down a size in my high comp Gen 1 due to space constraints and it runs much better than the OEM Yuasa. It's half the size, weighs 5x less (5XX grams) and puts out 210CCA. CCA is one thing, but a batteries W/hr is considered just as critical by some.