Now that you have your 'busa, everyone will start giving you advice on what you need to do with it to get the best out of her.

For me, it was probably a good learning curve starting a long time ago . . . I simply just had the biggest baddest bike you could buy, and when something better came along, I got it. But after many many years of riding fast, (you're just a spring chicken) I did a "Superbike School" and suddenly realised, although I'd hosed most of my mates in the past I really knew nothing about how to really ride. Spend the money, do ALL the courses, she'll be a pussy and you'll just love your 'busa so much more!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(12-01-2014, 04:57pm)Homer Wrote: What I discovered to my horror was that I had a missus who outright told me I'd never have a bike as long as I lived.......

.....well I elaborated on that and came up with "as long as I lived with her"...........

Thanks, I can relate to that, and it gave me quite a chuckle. I'm only new here also, but welcome none the less!
Craig

If you ever make a trip to Mandurah or even just down this way give me a heads up...I am more a conservative rider nowadays and find I am staying fairly close to the speed limits so the ride is more enjoyable...still manage a bit of excitement though.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(14-01-2014, 12:13pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Craig

...still manage a bit of excitement though.

riding on the wrong side of the road around corners???
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I was avoiding road kill...or was that trying to become some????
(14-01-2014, 11:03pm)Homer Wrote:
(14-01-2014, 12:13pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Craig

If you ever make a trip to Mandurah or even just down this way give me a heads up...

I thought that was a Tassie map under your name?

Being an ex Pom he is as slow as the English cricket team run rate LOL

Was in Tassie but ran back to the warmer weather.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
As Tony was kind enough to point out I moved back to better...er sorry... warmer weather Forgot to update this forum...

ps Tony isnt it about time you got back to work?? lunch must surely be over by now!!...guess it wont too long before you'll be wearing a Bunnings bib hahahahaha!
Hi Craig when we get out for a ride we're not worried about riding experience etc it's all about the ride and the enjoyment yes you'll always have the front runners but hey they have to stop some time..Lol3 and they'll always wait. In the WA Bunch we have a wide range of riding experiences so there is no issues there and we always mention to everyone not to ride above your capabilities and not to get sucked into something that people aren't ready for.

As Wardy has mentioned courses make a world of difference unfortunately WA doesn't have a huge range of courses compared to our east coast friend when it comes to that but there is some around.

Anyway Enjoy getting to know the big girl she can be a kitten or a beast it really depends on what your brain wants to tell your right hand..Very Happy.

So Enjoy..
Was 17 years since my last bike GS650GZshaft drive.
flip a very light skinny leg over a 2012 busa last jan, came back from test ride, Minister of War and Finance asked if she was driving back to Kalgoorlie by herself! I just kept grinning.
Ive learnt a lot from the guys here, some are touchy others like to niggle, (Just like being with work mates) But they all have the passion (read obsession)you are building every time you even look at your Busa.
Treat her well she will keep you upright.
Welcome and enjoy!Pi_thumbsup
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM