G'day Craig,

Welcome to the AHC and big congrats on the purchase of your new pride & joy!!! Drool

What an aWeSoMe intro - a truly brilliant short story on how you came to be here! Clap

Just imagine how sad and pathetic your existence would forever be if you accepted that crap from your first missus......good onya mate, definately a winning move, ditching the bitch!! Your new wife obviously has a lot more class and knows her stuff!! Yes

We got LOTS of club members over your side of the country, and they'll chime in pretty soon to queue you up for a ride or two! Pi_thumbsup

keep it fun,
bazman
Coolsmiley
Welcome. Those cross winds on Tonkin are awesome and the busa just powers right through them :) Unless you have already done so. there is a local legend who can dial in the suspension to suit you. The difference is amazing!!! Marty Moose 0407778959
Clap Awesome intro. Feel for you, just can't imagine how life must have been. I once lasted 6 months without a bike, damned near killed me. Never again!

Enjoy your new mistress. Glad your misses likes her too!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
G'day Craig,

Well you've done a tough stretch but you have your freedom now, and that fresh air of freedom will smell twice as good at 'Busa speed Very Happy

Sounds like you have the best of both worlds now, so enjoy.

Welcome
Welcome Craig,

My mrs wouldn't let me have a "hayabusa" either, so to get around that hurdle I bought a GSX1300R instead. By the time she had worked it out it was too late Pi_tongue
I'm now on my 2nd busa and she has grown to love them .. Or .. "Fondly tolerate" may be a better way to describe it.

Anyway mate, enjoy your ride, and I hope to catch up with you in the future. Make sure you pencil early December into your diary, to come to Tathra for our annual busa bash.

Cheers .. Dale
nice intro well done. check out my initial feelings of the busa http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/history.html
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
(13-01-2014, 08:19am)Volvi Wrote: nice intro well done. check out my initial feelings of the busa http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/history.html

Just read your blurb again. Lol3 my reaction exactly when I first saw the Copper 'busa. "Butt Ugly." I was in the market for a new bike, Being a Honda Man I test rode the Blackbird, and it felt just like a lighter faster version of my old bike. Then I test rode the UGLY Hayabusa, would never buy one but just wanted to try it once to feel what it was like. . .Drool Addiction is like that.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Awesome intro, i loved my busa (had 3 of them from time to time). I still miss the raw power of busa, my current bike is just so controlling....
Welcome!
Another Westy.....Yes

Hi Craig mate what an awesome intro probably one of the best I've read and as I was reading it reminded me of the 1st time I saw and put my leg over a 99 Copper all those years ago and yes was a case of not if but when and then finally in 08 I decided to part ways with my 1100 Gixxa and buy one of these awesome bikes.

Anyway Welcome to the club and your new family and as Bazman has mentioned there is quite a few members on here from WA we've all been pretty quiet due to work or other reasons but we do get out from time to time. You should prep the missus for 2015 when we do our next big 4 day run down through the Sth West with 30-40 like minded Busa Riders and is just an awesome weekend of all ages.

So enjoy the Ride and when looking in the riding threads look for anything with WA in it and you won't go wrong, hopefully we'll meet in the near future.

Cheers Kev AKA Rev004.
Ahhh!! I love a happy ending...was in a very similar boat to you a few years ago and I too made the right decision.

Ps please say your'e down Mandurah way!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
welcome mate.
where bouts are you?

the gold/black really pings in the sun hay!!
Welcome mate,
Reading your intro I thought I was reading my past too lol, complete with ex that banned riding. I was lucky to play on a few interesting bikes in my early 20s before th ban and returned to riding with a Suzuki Across.
Also like you I was/am wary of the busa power and respect the right wrist... But the busa is one of th most forgiving bikes I can remember riding. It's weight and centre of gravity keeps it steady and upright with ease, it's setup makes it feel great in corners and its power/response allows you to ride it many ways..
I love how I can hit a highway from lights and power fast (seconds) up to the $1.10 speed limit in 1st then flick through gears to 6th and nearly idle off up the road.... Or.... Keep rolling through lights in top and then just twist the right wrist o get smoothly up to new limit without gear changes
Hope to see you in 2015
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!