any one has experience with Power Commander 5?
i am thinking to get one. i use my bike daily only, hardly take it to the track.
not a fast rider.

in WA, people wants $700+ to flash the ECU, getting one of these power commander 5 only cost half of that and i can download base map from their website.

i only have slip ons and no plans for turbo or engine rebuild etc.

what do you guys think?

worth the money?
Get the ECU flashed instead.......downloaded maps are only generic and not specific to your bike.
Whaddya mean there's no bourbon left????
Scary Wtf
Have a chat with Camel, I'm sure he could work something out for you
Regards

Andy

Live life like it's the 2 minute warning
My Way is the Highway
When life throws you a curve..lean into it

$700 is too dear.
Wtf
Ummmmm...... If you treat bike like stock then why play with it??? Maybe the throttle mod to smooth out a kink, but hen I thought the gen 2 were smoother than a baby's ass anyway lol.

To me flashing and PCs were to play with performance in a big way, and the different setting on the gen 2 were supposed to remove the need for consistent flashing. But I am a novice fool when it comes to the busa
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
just wanna optimize what i have. i believe factory setting is not optimized due to other considerations.

just want the most out of it
Get flashed Connorl....best value for money improvement imho.
Whaddya mean there's no bourbon left????
Scary Wtf
(18-01-2014, 02:49am)connorl Wrote: just wanna optimize what i have. i believe factory setting is not optimized due to other considerations.

Conner have to agree with the others on this subject, I've had mine flashed on the Dyno by Brett at Tokyo Motorsports here in WA, Camel did the initial work by setting up the pigtails etc and turning a few things off.

My 08 has a K&N Filter, 4-2-1 Full Yoshi System on it and has had the ECU Flashed as I've mentioned and picked up 15RWHP which I thought was a pretty good outcome.

Options here in WA - Camel or Brett if he's still working at Tokyo Motor Sports or you could pull the ECU and send it east for a bench flash. I'm sure Camel will have no issues setting things up so if your interested send him and PM but currently he's backing doing FIFO again if you don't get an answer straight away.
(23-01-2014, 02:01am)Rev004 Wrote:
(18-01-2014, 02:49am)connorl Wrote: just wanna optimize what i have. i believe factory setting is not optimized due to other considerations.

Conner have to agree with the others on this subject, I've had mine flashed on the Dyno by Brett at Tokyo Motorsports here in WA, Camel did the initial work by setting up the pigtails etc and turning a few things off.

My 08 has a K&N Filter, 4-2-1 Full Yoshi System on it and has had the ECU Flashed as I've mentioned and picked up 15RWHP which I thought was a pretty good outcome.

Options here in WA - Camel or Brett if he's still working at Tokyo Motor Sports or you could pull the ECU and send it east for a bench flash. I'm sure Camel will have no issues setting things up so if your interested send him and PM but currently he's backing doing FIFO again if you don't get an answer straight away.

thanks for that, i did message Camel but no reply, FIFO life sucks. been there done that.

i am not sure if any gain can be seen with just a normal slip ons.
(23-01-2014, 09:38am)connorl Wrote: thanks for that, i did message Camel but no reply, FIFO life sucks. been there done that.

i am not sure if any gain can be seen with just a normal slip ons.

Any fine tuning is always worth it just from motor performance and even fuel consumption, 2 guys here in WA that also have slip-ons on sent there ECU's to Pete's Pitstop on QLD and were very Happy with the Result and were also surprised in the difference in performance and how the bike ran so it certainly won't hurt what ever you decide to do.

The only thing I wouldn't do is waste the Money on a piggy back unit just for slip-ons.
Can I ask, if I wanna run quick shift, do I need power commander?
(28-01-2014, 03:34pm)connorl Wrote: Can I ask, if I wanna run quick shift, do I need power commander?

You can do it via flashing with ecu-editor (it's a built in function of our ecu) but you will still obviously need to buy the sensor (see cycle-tek.com), or you can go Dynojet, Translogic, HM, or Pingel to name a few..... but NO, you still do not need a power commander.
This flashing thing is fascinating
(28-01-2014, 08:40pm)connorl Wrote: This flashing thing is fascinating

Yep!!!! Our ecu's are just another part manufactured by either Denso or Mitsubishi and loaded up by Suzuki with the data to run our bikes. And just because Suzuki don't make it an available feature, it doesn't mean it isn't already built into the ecu.

Have a good look and read through the Woolich Racing site and forum, as well as the ecu-hacking forum. It's well worth the $350 to get the interface even to just have a look and make the basic changes yourself. Keep in mind though that you can really screw things up when you start to get your hands dirty and don't really know what you're doing.