any one has experience with Power Commander 5?
(28-01-2014, 09:26pm)BikerBoy Wrote:
(28-01-2014, 08:40pm)connorl Wrote: This flashing thing is fascinating

Yep!!!! Our ecu's are just another part manufactured by either Denso or Mitsubishi and loaded up by Suzuki with the data to run our bikes. And just because Suzuki don't make it an available feature, it doesn't mean it isn't already built into the ecu.

Have a good look and read through the Woolich Racing site and forum, as well as the ecu-hacking forum. It's well worth the $350 to get the interface even to just have a look and make the basic changes yourself. Keep in mind though that you can really screw things up when you start to get your hands dirty and don't really know what you're doing.

if i really do stuff up, can i reverse everything back to stock?
(28-01-2014, 10:19pm)connorl Wrote:
(28-01-2014, 09:26pm)BikerBoy Wrote:
(28-01-2014, 08:40pm)connorl Wrote: This flashing thing is fascinating

Yep!!!! Our ecu's are just another part manufactured by either Denso or Mitsubishi and loaded up by Suzuki with the data to run our bikes. And just because Suzuki don't make it an available feature, it doesn't mean it isn't already built into the ecu.

Have a good look and read through the Woolich Racing site and forum, as well as the ecu-hacking forum. It's well worth the $350 to get the interface even to just have a look and make the basic changes yourself. Keep in mind though that you can really screw things up when you start to get your hands dirty and don't really know what you're doing.

if i really do stuff up, can i reverse everything back to stock?

You save .bin files (which are the maps files) and you always retain a base map (stock) as something to always fall back on and load back in for stock settings.
i have a look thru Woolich racing page and downloaded the software.

can i purely rely on the auto tune with log box?

or better do it on a dyno and adjust fuel and ignition manually?
(29-01-2014, 11:09am)connorl Wrote: i have a look thru Woolich racing page and downloaded the software.

can i purely rely on the auto tune with log box?

or better do it on a dyno and adjust fuel and ignition manually?

You will never beat a dyno for accuracy, however the AutoTune works pretty damn good. It isn't a "plug it in and let it do all the work for you" system (not far off though) as you still need to tweak it and go for a ride, then tweak it again, and so on...but that's a lot of fun!!

DIY of this nature isn't everyones thing, so take your time, read and learn as much as you can first before going down this path and make sure you would be comfortable doing this. There's quite a lot of support on the forums and Justin Woolich has been VERY helpful.

edit: should say too so there's no confusion, that I use a Translogic quickshifter which does use a separate ecu.
Quick question

I'm looking to put a low pressure turbo on my 09. I was looking at the PCV but after reading the comments I think the better way would be to re flash. One of the screen shots shows a boost fuelling option. Would that help the fueling at around 5 psi of boost?