Bridgestone R10. anyone tried them yet?
Considering tyre choices for a track day and would love some feedback on these.

I know the sidewall carcass is a bit less rigid, and temps play a huge part on the flex and deformation of these, so I'm certainly taking Busa weight into account. I'd most likely go for the 190/55 Type2 Hard rear, and 120/70 medium front.

If anyone gives them a go or comes across any info of them being used on a Busa.....let me know.

Cheers,
Biker
(30-01-2014, 09:24pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Considering tyre choices for a track day and would love some feedback on these.

I know the sidewall carcass is a bit less rigid, and temps play a huge part on the flex and deformation of these, so I'm certainly taking Busa weight into account. I'd most likely go for the 190/55 Type2 Hard rear, and 120/70 medium front.

If anyone gives them a go or comes across any info of them being used on a Busa.....let me know.

Cheers,
Biker

I wonder if Bridgestone are spending so much money on the boring MotoGP monopoly that they are struggling to supply real world tyres?

This review is quite interesting:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/545/16760/...eview.aspx
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
I had them on the Hayabusa track bike. Can't remember which Type, but I loved the R10's
Thanks guys. Pi_thumbsup

I watched a vid last night of them being tested and the biggest thing they mentioned was even minor PSI changes made pretty big changes to the feedback, and their main comment especially was under heavy breaking the front can get a bit squishy.

Like we all know with tyres.....it's an individual choice, and I'd always liked the 003's... so I think I'll get a set and try 'em out.
Keep the comments coming if anyone else has tried them or can point the way to any info.

Cheers,

Biker

Pan the track Busa doesn't count.....it's too light to compare Drool
(31-01-2014, 12:28am)Belzybob Wrote: I wonder if Bridgestone are spending so much money on the boring MotoGP monopoly that they are struggling to supply real world tyres?

hope so......'cause their out of this world tyres are awesome and motogp doesn't ride without their money....and I like motogp.
Worst tyre I've ever used in my life!!!! At EVERY single turn the busa was squirming, bucking and sliding and it got so bad I almost came off so many times I had to call it quits after only a 3 laps. Changed pressures and it got worse - only made it through turn three and had to exit the track, turn 2 almost had me on my ass as I could not hold the line and was getting forced out wide faster than I ever want to experience again.......2" more and I was gone.
Entering the track from pit lane was difficult and damn hard to turn in, and leaving the track at pit entry also nearly wiped me out.

They may be a good tyre on something weighing 180, but on a GenII Busa.......it was simply dangerous.
Yeah mate, at $400 a pair posted, Dunlop sportmax Q2s would be pretty hard to beat for a track day. Have a blast, Paul.
003's are the way to go
Biker
I have just put a set of Michelin Super Sports 120/70 190/55 on my Gen 1. So far I have only just scrubbed them in on the road but felt very planted. They have a real neutral feel, not to heavy or to light on the steering. They are rated as 50% track/50% dry road.
Just been given a 190/55 S20R ( part worn )
so I stuck it on the back of my Busa.

If it ever stops raining I'll see what it's like,
might try a matched pair if I like it.

[Image: 2dwddes.jpg]
I loved the S20 on my Busa, didn't last long but it stuck to the road, got a mate with the R10s on his gsxr1000 and loves them so if they squggle around on the Busa maybe they designed for the litre class bikes, on the track day he was running 27psi front 29 rear and said they were great, you got to think that maybe Bridgestone are designing these high performance tyres mainly for the litre class as they derive from the Motogp stable.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(28-03-2014, 06:09am)grumpy Wrote: I loved the S20 on my Busa, didn't last long but it stuck to the road, got a mate with the R10s on his gsxr1000 and loves them so if they squggle around on the Busa maybe they designed for the litre class bikes, on the track day he was running 27psi front 29 rear and said they were great, you got to think that maybe Bridgestone are designing these high performance tyres mainly for the litre class as they derive from the Motogp stable.

Totaly agree with the R10's being designed for the litre bike class. Even in my photo's from the track, you can clealy see the side walls bulging out big time!

I was originally going to burn the R10's out after my TD but left them on, and on the flip side at road PSI's (I'm running 42psi as I ride 2-up daily) they have actually been suprisingly good for the street on the Busa and I'd even say I liked them. I don't think I'd ever buy them again.... but if I had a gsxr1000 I would certainly use them as a tyre of choice.