9.8 but have some issues
9.8@145mph slipping in 1st and second so only 1.8 60 ft time
What would you guys recommend to stop wheel spin?
i know i had my damping turned up the wrong way clockwise
i use a hookup but did not hook up at all 100kg+ rider
Cheers!
Mark
(31-01-2014, 05:01pm)larra Wrote: 9.8@145mph slipping in 1st and second so only 1.8 60 ft time
Cheers!
Mark

What was ya tyre pressure? Is ya bike long or SWB? Have ya compression set soft and ya rebound hard. Thats a good starting point. Also since you're a heavyish rider, is your swingarm pivot point higher than your rear axle with you on it?
(31-01-2014, 05:11pm)jamie Wrote:
(31-01-2014, 05:01pm)larra Wrote: 9.8@145mph slipping in 1st and second so only 1.8 60 ft time
Cheers!
Mark

What was ya tyre pressure? Is ya bike long or SWB? Have ya compression set soft and ya rebound hard. Thats a good starting point. Also since you're a heavyish rider, is your swingarm pivot point higher than your rear axle with you on it?

Tire pressure 28psi rebound was supposed to be slow but by mistake turned it clockwise so it was quick, compression was softer to supposedly make the bike squat the bike is lowered 1 inch and 4 inch extended.

How do the yanks get their 60ft time to 1.3 something with 10 inch extensions and a 55 kg. rider? i was all over the place as it is in the 1st.i need some of you drag racers to chime in please.
(31-01-2014, 05:39pm)larra Wrote:
(31-01-2014, 05:11pm)jamie Wrote:
Cheers!
Mark

Tire pressure 28psi rebound was supposed to be slow but by mistake turned it clockwise so it was quick, compression was softer to supposedly make the bike squat the bike is lowered 1 inch and 4 inch extended.

How do the yanks get their 60ft time to 1.3 something with 10 inch extensions and a 55 kg. rider? i was all over the place as it is in the 1st.i need some of you drag racers to chime in please.

Well the rebound is 1 issue. That would unload the tyre pretty quickly. The yanks do this shit every weekend. Its big business over there. Ideally they hit full throttle straight away and just fan the clutch to keep the front down. Riding like that takes big balls. Do you have a photo of the bike race ready? With your bike setup correctly 1.5 sixtys at your weight is a realistic target. The longer the bike is, the harder the rear suspension has to work.
Jamie's right 1.5's easy done once you sort out the "finer details".

The best way to launch is clutch out fully then get to full throttle as quick as you can, excessive clutch use will result in heat which wont help ets or mph.

We're running 1.2's 60' with 12" over and 100kg suited rider. Once you add 6"+, 60's should get into the 1.3's.

Leonard.
Yeah 1.5 sould be a realistic target once i sort these things out. Aiming for low 9s with more practice otherwise i am very happy with the power just have to learn how to harness itCoolsmiley
Talking about tire pressure,what would be the ideal for my setup?
next time maybe try 20psi?i will post some photos later it also has an extended tail piece so looking very sweeet
(01-02-2014, 11:15am)larra Wrote: Talking about tire pressure,what would be the ideal for my setup?
next time maybe try 20psi?

20 is good. May lose 1 or 2 mph but you'll pick that back up if it grips. Check the pressure straight after the run. 20 psi in the pits will be 26 after the burnout.
Thanks jamie,Gearing is 17/45 so mph with that setup suffers anyway because changing into 5th gear just before the finish line. the 1st and 2nd gear acceleration with extensions is just so much quicker than before without having to worry about flipping the bike.
(01-02-2014, 11:30am)larra Wrote: Gearing is 17/45 so mph with that setup suffers because changing into 5th gear just before the finish line. the 1st and 2nd gear acceleration with extensions is just so much quicker than before without having to worry about flipping the bike.

That gearing may be too aggressive. Simmo runs his gen 2 around 4 to 6 over and only uses 4 gears (not sure of his gearing specs) and he weighs around 85 to 90 suited and is running 9.1s. Try the 43 rear (i'm running 17/43 SWB on my gen 2 and i'm 123kg suited) which will do 2 things. It will reduce the amount of wheelspin because its not as violent and it will make 1st gear and the bike more rideable.
I will give a different gearing a go to find the ideal setup. It is an art
to get everything rightCoolsmiley
(01-02-2014, 11:58am)larra Wrote: I will give a different gearing a go to find the ideal setup. It is an art
to get everything rightCoolsmiley

You may think you'll go slower but you wont. With that gearing, bike length and your weight, you'll have the clutch fully out and throttle pinned by the 60 foot timers. You want to have a bike you can dominate by just burying the throttle knowing the bike won't bite back. Then its just a matter of dropping your 330 foot times down. After that its just suzuki power and your aero. Keep me updatedPi_thumbsup
True . That suzuki engine never ceases to amaze me so much power and yet so reliable.
I only run 1 tooth down in the front stock rear i tried lower but with the shift into 5th it cost mph and i think a bit of et as it the lower gearing turn's the rear more ,but i am only running stock length

Mark
(01-02-2014, 11:49am)jamie Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 11:30am)larra Wrote: Gearing is 17/45 so mph with that setup suffers because changing into 5th gear just before the finish line. the 1st and 2nd gear acceleration with extensions is just so much quicker than before without having to worry about flipping the bike.

That gearing may be too aggressive. Simmo runs his gen 2 around 4 to 6 over and only uses 4 gears (not sure of his gearing specs) and he weighs around 85 to 90 suited and is running 9.1s. Try the 43 rear (i'm running 17/43 SWB on my gen 2 and i'm 123kg suited) which will do 2 things. It will reduce the amount of wheelspin because its not as violent and it will make 1st gear and the bike more rideable.

2 teeth up on the back I'm running now & I run soft track tyre a dunlop qualifier atm, even with that I have had to drop the rear tyre down as far as 12 psi at time on a street slippery night track to hook up