Pilot Road 4
Has anyone got their hands on a set of Pilot Road 4's as yet? Any comments?
Well I reckon the 3s are pretty good and they claim to have improved them to make v4.

I'll probably wait for the 3s to wear out before I try the 4s :-)
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(20-02-2014, 11:47pm)Belzybob Wrote: Well I reckon the 3s are pretty good and they claim to have improved them to make v4.

I'll probably wait for the 3s to wear out before I try the 4s :-)

Yep, they are claiiming better centre tyre wear, more edge grip as well as more uniform front tyre wear under braking due to changes to the siping.

I have never been able to fault the 2's and a run out deal saw me use 2's again last time around instead of trying the 3's.

Looks like I might just skip the 3's and go the 4's.
Holely shyte... They are upgrading tyres faster than Apple upgrading the iPhone lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I spoke with a rep only last week, going to be quite a while before we see them ere in OZ so I'm sticking with my Conti's :)
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
I'm sorry but I wouldn't dare put the 2's on the Busa. I've got them on my 14 but that's comuting and they still break traction so would never put them on my thrasher with confidence. If you use ya bus to tour and don't rap it on I understand. But my ball's aren't that big for that rubber the way I like to ride the bus.
(21-02-2014, 05:31pm)BEAU Wrote: I'm sorry but I wouldn't dare put the 2's on the Busa. I've got them on my 14 but that's comuting and they still break traction so would never put them on my thrasher with confidence. If you use ya bus to tour and don't rap it on I understand. But my ball's aren't that big for that rubber the way I like to ride the bus.

My bus is an everyday commuter as well as a play thing. I'm gettin' too old for getting too crazy, so the 2's have served me well, but yes I am aware of their limits.
Until last year I was racking up almost 1000km a week, so tyre wear was at a premium and my tyre choice had to be commuting duties before fun.
My commute is less than half that now, so I might even consider something a bit stickier this time around.
I have just done a track day on my BKing on pilot power 2CTs and i had no trouble at all with them once they had warmed up, will admit get too much throttle on when cold and the rear would squirm but after 2 laps they were brillant no chicken strips at all on rear and about a 5mm one on front so i have no complaints about them. Keen to give the 4s ago probably be quicker to bring them in from the states.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(22-02-2014, 06:10am)grumpy Wrote: I have just done a track day on my BKing on pilot power 2CTs and i had no trouble at all with them once they had warmed up, will admit get too much throttle on when cold and the rear would squirm but after 2 laps they were brillant no chicken strips at all on rear and about a 5mm one on front so i have no complaints about them. Keen to give the 4s ago probably be quicker to bring them in from the states.

Pilot Powers and Pilot Roads are different kettles of fish!! Or in this case, different compound of tyres Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Have run a few sets of road 2s now and can't say that I like them much. I just fitted 2 fresh road 3s on a mates blackbird. A few of us stayed at Gingers last night and we spent yesterday and today blasting up and down the Oxley. Old mate got me to do a run on the bird and all I can say is that the road 3s absolutely crap on the 2s. Knee down on every corner of the hotmix , running off the edge of both the front and rear and the tyres never broke traction once. If the road 4s end up being even better that will make them one hell of a tyre. Looking forward to putting the new road 3 that I have on the rear of the Busa. Just my thoughts, Paul.
Up for tyres in the next thou or so...........and do about 100-120 per day, so maybe a fortnight at the most.....

First quote for Pilot Road 4 was $585 fitted for front and rear. Not really impressed but they had their chance. Both tyres need replacing although it is the rear that has worn the most. I have done about 4K on the Battlax that were on the bike when I bought it. Both front and rear had noticeable flat spots across the middle.

I will be getting other quotes anyway, but I wondered what other members had paid - and if there are any club friendly outlets over here in the west that would like the business.

Go onto Rockymountaintires.com and see what you can bring them in for from them, i can't import Michelins into New Zealand but i see they will export to AUS, cuts that middle man out because if like here in N.Z. the bike shops are not making much out of tyres.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(20-02-2014, 10:42pm)Kendo Wrote: Has anyone got their hands on a set of Pilot Road 4's as yet? Any comments?

I put a set on a few weeks ago. Very good road grip and I feel more confident than with the previous BT 23's in the wet. Glenn
(17-06-2014, 02:38pm)Busagen2 Wrote:
(20-02-2014, 10:42pm)Kendo Wrote: Has anyone got their hands on a set of Pilot Road 4's as yet? Any comments?

I put a set on a few weeks ago. Very good road grip and I feel more confident than with the previous BT 23's in the wet. Glenn

Good to hear. Coolsmiley
I've never been a Bridgestone fan, but it's all personal choice.
(21-02-2014, 07:37pm)Kendo Wrote: My bus is an everyday commuter as well as a play thing. I'm gettin' too old for getting too crazy, so the 2's have served me well, but yes I am aware of their limits... My commute is less than half that now, so I might even consider something a bit stickier this time around.

I ride a bit slower now myself now I'm past 50. I chatted with a guy down by the bay on a gen2 with some bling and those bullet hole stickers hiding some scratches on the front fairing. He had a set of 3's on and they had the maddest wear pattern I had ever seen, like they had been sawn off on the sides. He admitted it was his riding style which I can't recall but it really put me off them as they obviously would have clunked in and out of corners. Obviously not for everyone.