Hunting on idle
My 2004 gen1 has 15000 klms, is hunting on idle. I've put iridium plugs in k&n air filter & I got a 4-1 BROCKS Exhuast.
Plz help it's pissing me right off.
Classic symptom of running too lean. It it has only occurred since fitting the K&N then I'd be looking to richen the IAP map a bit with a flash tune, (as well as an AFR check across the rev range to see if the TP maps need tickling), however I'd also be looking for air leaks around TB and mounts after the obligatory compression test (you've low kilometres but I'd be looking for valve seat issues and tight shim clearances).

Camel
would a power commander fix it????????
You should fix the problem before you start adding more stuff to the running of it...

how "hunting" is the revs?
did it just happen or always doing it?
have you changed anything prior to it happening?
do you own a service manual?
does the 04 still have a manual "choke" lever?
is all the throttle cables free moving?
is rev hunting only when cold?
what is revs when warm?

my 01 did something similar for 1 morning only.. took it to mechanic at lunch but by then it had fixed itself and never happened again
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(13-03-2014, 02:08pm)Batfink Wrote: You should fix the problem before you start adding more stuff to the running of it...

how "hunting" is the revs?
did it just happen or always doing it?
have you changed anything prior to it happening?
do you own a service manual?
does the 04 still have a manual "choke" lever?
is all the throttle cables free moving?
is rev hunting only when cold?
what is revs when warm?

my 01 did something similar for 1 morning only.. took it to mechanic at lunch but by then it had fixed itself and never happened again

Yep k&n air filter & iridium plugs. It's getting gradually worse. It is hunting hot or cold. The choke is manual. Revs warm is 1000 rpm. But if u hold revs at 1500-2000 rpm it's hunting. I've got a TRE on it so iam gunna remove it to see what happens then check for vacuum leak.
Pull the clutch in, will give the same response as removing the TRE
04, i would be checking your fuel system too, does it still pull hard to redline or is it a long time since you tried