exhaust spraying black shit
Sad 
hi guys. ive noticed recently that on start up there is a very minor bit of smoke for about 10 seconds on start up. then today i started the bike after it sitting for 3-4 weeks and it was a bit more pronounced and it was spitting this shit on my hand when i held it infront of the outlet. it only lasted about 30 seconds and then it was gone. Am i looking at f****d vavle stem seals or something more sinister?

Regards

Dan
Blue smoke or black...??
Smell oil or fuel.. .??

The 01 was like tht but ended up being extra fuel which was solved with a good mechanic
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Looks like carbon...probably a good fuel system service will sort it. Try a can of cleaner through...I use one about every five to ten tank fills or so. Some reckon they do sweet FA but it cost virtually $5:00 a hit so IMO its not enought to worry about cost wise and it doesnt do any harm.

It could be as simple as carbon build up in the exhausts and any lengthy periods between running have caused it to dry out and flake off.

As for the smoke...again if there are no other issues I wouldnt be too worried unless it go severly worse.

Edit...if the stuff is wet and oily then further examination is required.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
It's wet but not overly oily. Didn't really take note of the smell but it's more fuel than oil I think. Oh and the smoke is more white than blue or black
Regards

Dan
I've had that on my 99 before and a good long run normally cleaned it right up.
IMO it's running a bit rich and that is no problem.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
My 2010 puffs a little white...its just condensation from the fuel burning process...every engine does it.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Condensation mixed with carbon once the pipes warm up it burns off and you don't see it. It will get worse if you start and stop without getting up to temp
Turbo ZX7 for the street Biker
Busa for the drags Trophy
hey Dan,
I think the consensus is for you to fill the girl with premo go-go juice find a good bit of road and open that throttle until your brain is bugged out and your nappy is full LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(12-03-2014, 09:29pm)yella Wrote: Condensation mixed with carbon once the pipes warm up it burns off and you don't see it. It will get worse if you start and stop without getting up to temp

Spot on.
(09-03-2014, 05:47pm)Dan85 Wrote: hi guys. ive noticed recently that on start up there is a very minor bit of smoke for about 10 seconds on start up. then today i started the bike after it sitting for 3-4 weeks and it was a bit more pronounced and it was spitting this shit on my hand when i held it infront of the outlet. it only lasted about 30 seconds and then it was gone. Am i looking at f****d vavle stem seals or something more sinister?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16192]
If its any help, according to that palm you are going to lead a very long life and have lots of babies, but only after you marry Gina Hancock and buy a GS1200R.

P.S. I meant Gina Reinhardt, but I can't spell it right either.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
What's a gs1200r? I'd love to marry Gina. She could buy me pretty things and in exchange I'll go down on her any time she likes.

Ohhhh and I'll go light up the back tyre later tonight see how angry the neighbours get before we move lol
Regards

Dan
(14-03-2014, 10:35pm)Dan85 Wrote: What's a gs1200r? I'd love to marry Gina. She could buy me pretty things and in exchange I'll go down on her any time she likes.

You are a very sick puppy.....that loves sausages, so maybe it would be a match.
Don't try and tell me you wouldn't go there belzy.
Regards

Dan
(14-03-2014, 11:39pm)Dan85 Wrote: Don't try and tell me you wouldn't go there belzy.

Jeez, let me say clearly that I don't do hirsute females (unless they really enjoy rimming and pay me lots and lots of dosh).
Well this escalated quickly. Haha
Regards

Dan