Legal or not legal for turbo on bike
Hi I just want to clear up is it illegal to have a turbo on any bike ?

I assume that it could be possible to get a mod plate, but its that a fantasy in victoria ?
from what I remember modifying a motor to increase it's power by more than 5% requires complete engineering... technically
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
It is illegal to have an aftermarket turbo (as opposed to a factory turbo, ie Kawasaki GPz750 turbo) on a bike in Victoria without being approved by a Vicroads accredited engineer.

A list of said engineers can be found on the Vicroads website.

Welcome to the site BTW

Cheers Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
(12-03-2014, 09:05pm)Batfink Wrote: from what I remember modifying a motor to increase it's power by more than 5% requires complete engineering... technically

oh right so like, is it difficult to get a bike engineered for a turbo do you know?

being realistic, a turbo bike if you can see it will attract more attention than stroker busa for example.

to me it seems they would have to guess is the bike just loud or highly powerfull, a turbo seems to be obvious.

i dont wanna use the tickets to wipe my arse everyday hahaLol2

(12-03-2014, 09:16pm)PostmanPete Wrote: It is illegal to have an aftermarket turbo (as opposed to a factory turbo, ie Kawasaki GPz750 turbo) on a bike in Victoria without being approved by a Vicroads accredited engineer.

A list of said engineers can be found on the Vicroads website.

Welcome to the site BTW

Cheers Biker

thanks mateVery Happy
get ya hands on a factory turbo and forget the hassles... LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Just a mod like any other and needs the right documentation to be legal,
Build the turbo with INTERNAL plumbing and still run it through a Yoshi or similar exhaust.
TheGoat (Steve) has his '04 Turbo rego'd and uses it on the road all the time. Was in VIC now in Northern NSW.
Pretty sure it was a Maj built unit too ;)
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
yes possible, but a pain in the ass.

I'm jumping through the hoops atm in WA

A
I assisted with the build , most i have anything to do with are subtle
but I make no attempt to conform to any particular road or EPA regs , Thats up to the owner if they choose to ride on the road and not just race it ,
non conforming vehicles can be refused 3rd party insurance payout if necessary , That to me is a much bigger problem than being pulled over and fined, and well worth making the effort to get a report done
Have a look at the link below on page 29..

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/v...011_v3.pdf

Cut and pasted from pg 29
Code LA3 does not apply to ADR category L-Group vehicles and motorcycles.
What ever that means
Just about anything you change on a bike is illegal if its not OEM you may get nailed bit who cares not I
Lucky for me, my bike is stock.
coffeecoco
Unregistered
Yeah... Think he had to much coffee n cocoa combined
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1