Test rides Selling
Hi guys,

where do you stand with test rides when selling your Busa - obviously I am reluctant being a near new bike (3600km) but some insist which is fair enough (although I have bought plenty of bikes without test rides)

Curious if anyone has had experience

cheers
BK
Egos; everyone got one
It's very complicated mate...
Just because they are riding it doesn;t mean they are automatically responsible (legally) to pay for damages, fines, etc...
You can make a fast contract that states they are responsible but not sure how it will hold up in a court and ALWAYS get there licence details, make sure it's current and has the right class...

I basically say that if you hurt it you bought it...

but none of that helps if they fang the shit out of it around the corner.. cept the fact that they will have shit themselves doing in on a busa LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Generally no test rides, but the last bike I sold to a police cadet. I hopped on my Busa and he followed. Even gave the Busa a squirt, not sure how fast he went. His mum also a bike rider was sitting in her car in my driveway which also made the decision to let him test ride easier.
I suggest no test riding a busa before a subsantial refundable cash deposit is safe. I'm talking big bucks and really think for a bike in new condition, no tests at all until they buy!
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
what about if they have a good car (worth more than busa) then swap keys.. when they return bike back in same condition they get car back LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I think you will find your insurance company wont cover it for test rides
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
Its a difficult position. If I was buying I would want to test ride....make sure all gears work, no noises that shouldn't be there...this does not include police sirens. I can also see not wanting someone to ride my bike...speeding fines damage etc. Test ride with them as pillion perhaps?
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Spoke to Insuremyride today - they actually do cover for another rider providing (obviously) they have the correct license and they have not had suspension/loss of lic in last 5 years. I asked how can I verify that - you cant but if you ask the question then you are covered (supposedly) I think I will stick to the no test ride policy and perhaps offer a pillion ride .... or I could just follow them on the D1199R but then that would just tempt them to try and out run it lol. If it was an older bike I would probably feel more comfortable but 4 weeks from going OS and if someone stacks it/steals it etc then I have to go through the usual drama/stress etc ..... nah No test rides it is :) thanks guys
Egos; everyone got one
(27-03-2014, 12:46pm)Batfink Wrote: what about if they have a good car (worth more than busa) then swap keys.. when they return bike back in same condition they get car back LOL

Not much good if they're driving a stolen car - bye bye Busa
With those Kay's I wouldn't let know one ride it,it's a brand new bike,there just wasting your time,with a bike with over say 40,000 I would want to test ride it,might have gear box problems or anything,I looked at a busa last weekend with 700 Kay's on it,it was a repairable write off and fixed,I asked him for a ride and said no so I walked away,he couldn't even tell me what happened to it.
I owe I owe,so it's off to work I go!!!

It is very simple. They give you money (the full price of the bike) in hand and then they can take it for a ride. And do not take any cheques. That will eliminate any wishers, tire kickers and joy riders. That way you will also know that you are dealing with serious buyers only. I would suggest not to rely on any insurance, as the moment shit hits the fan they will look for any excuses not to pay. Good luck with the salePi_thumbsup
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Not to hard to sus someone out who is just tyre kicking as oppsed to a serious buyer. If they're worried offer them money back after they've bought and ridden if it doesn't feel right to them.

I bought my last bike without riding it. He offered a test ride, but I looked it over, started and listenned to it, paid cash and rolled it onto my trailer. I didn't see a need to ride it, I knew how it would be. For a low K busa there shouldn't be any surprises.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
The bike shop I bought my Busa from has you sign a waver
stating that You are who you say and That you are licensed. This way thier insurance will cover the rider and the motorcycle. For those looking at selling this may be an option?
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
If I were privately selling a near new busa, no piece of paper except a Bill Of Sale would see anyone test riding away. Or, as I said earlier here, a huge deposit of some sort and an ID license of the rider in my hand.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO