Never been on a track
Never been on a track day and am on a shoe string budget. Anyone know of the cheapest track days in Victoria? Thanks.
Great Ocean Road? LOL
Haha yeah, have done it heaps on my old 250. I have been going up and down Yarra boulevard and through Warrandyte because they are close to home and parents place, having lost my license three times so far I'm a little paranoid.
No such thing as a cheap track day but you are doing yourself an injustice not doing one, dont eat for a week and save your $$ (def dont drink/smoke!) worth every penny to scrape it up mate. You will be a better rider for it
Egos; everyone got one
Broadford & Winton are the cheaper tracks.... especially midweek. Just factor in travel expenses!
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Winton is a great little track - tight and technical :)
Egos; everyone got one
Book a session with CSS or get a set of tires from Madaz and get a track day at PI for $99.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Do yourself a favour and do Phillip Island. It's about $250 for the day. Nothing beats that 1st time as you rumble out of pit lane, butterflies and scared shitless, once you ride around you soon realise it's just like the road, only heaps better. No one is judging you or your ability and you will just have an absolute ball. Smitten You'll come in feeling guilty and waiting for the tap on the shoulder, because deep inside you know something this much fun must surely be illegal. Police
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Still vacancies at Phillip Island . I've booked and paid for the 12th may. Cost $230. It's a great day and value for money, I reckon. I'm still in the slow group (by choice!) (sorry Pan!) but you get better each time you go. The only risk is the weather but if it's just showers then you still get plenty of runs and it's good experience. The organisers are great, costs you $10 to get a park in a garage which is well worth it, and you meet some like minded people. Don't think you'll be disappointed !
(30-04-2014, 08:36am)captainrob Wrote: I'm still in the slow group (by choice!) (sorry Pan!) but you get better each time you go.

According to the info they have sent few months ago they now have a tracking system now that is used to assign people to the correct groups by measuring their lap times. It is going to be rolled out at EC as well (or maybe already is). Unfortunately they will not make these times available for the riders because, judging by the excuses given by Managing Director Motorcycling events Group Australia Pty Ltd Steve Brouggy they are simply being an arseholes.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(30-04-2014, 08:36am)captainrob Wrote: Still vacancies at Phillip Island . I've booked and paid for the 12th may. Cost $230. It's a great day and value for money, I reckon. I'm still in the slow group (by choice!) (sorry Pan!) but you get better each time you go. The only risk is the weather but if it's just showers then you still get plenty of runs and it's good experience. The organisers are great, costs you $10 to get a park in a garage which is well worth it, and you meet some like minded people. Don't think you'll be disappointed !

Good on ya Rob. The guys/girls running the PI Ride days and EC Ride days are a good bunch and generally look after you with riders safety in mind. I'm sure it'll be great!

Gee I miss that bike!