New Bike
Hi All,
I sadly lost my beautiful K7 Gen 1 in an accident a few weeks ago. So I have started looking around for a replacement. I intend to ride a few bikes but not really sure what or WHERE. Before I got my Busa went to look at a Duc at a particular dealer in Homebush and the uys there were the biggest bunch of tools I've ever run across.
So this post is really a 2 part question 1 is what, 2 is where. Thinking about riding a K13, Z14. Would like to get something that's reasonably comfortable 2 Up, so that discounts a lot of bikes. Also like to hear from the guys who switched from Gen 1 to Gen 2. Also, is the addition of Brembos on the latest version noticeable?
Thanks Guys for your help.
Cheers
Richard
It's a week by week charade.
(18-04-2014, 12:28pm)rjw3105 Wrote: Hi All,
I sadly lost my beautiful K7 Gen 1 in an accident a few weeks ago. So I have started looking around for a replacement. I intend to ride a few bikes but not really sure what or WHERE. Before I got my Busa went to look at a Duc at a particular dealer in Homebush and the uys there were the biggest bunch of tools I've ever run across.
So this post is really a 2 part question 1 is what, 2 is where. Thinking about riding a K13, Z14. Would like to get something that's reasonably comfortable 2 Up, so that discounts a lot of bikes. Also like to hear from the guys who switched from Gen 1 to Gen 2. Also, is the addition of Brembos on the latest version noticeable?
Cheers
Richard
got one for sale. may suit what your looking for
brembos take a bit of getting use to but once you do
there much better.
I had 2010 busa, sold it for 2013 busa but now need the money
bike is listed for 16500 ono
check out my ad
Gen2 / B-king brakes are a world of difference from the Gen1's 6-plops.
My 6plops with better pads / fluid / lines can't match my stock radials
with their factory rubber lines etc.

I tried the K13 (R not S) but never fell for the shaft or front end.
I'm a bit of a Luddite and felt much happier with the Devil I know.
BMW had a quality feel but just wasn't what I felt happy with.
Sorry to hear about your accident, Richard.....hope you got out of it without too many bruises and scratches!?! Undecided
Hope you're back out riding a busa again soon!!! Yes

Coolsmiley
(18-04-2014, 02:31pm)bazman Wrote: Sorry to hear about your accident, Richard.....hope you got out of it without too many bruises and scratches!?! Undecided
Hope you're back out riding a busa again soon!!! Yes

Coolsmiley

Thanks Bazman,
I'm bloody lucky I could walk away. Very nasty accident and could easily have been a fatal. All caused by an act of unbridled stupidity on Victoria Road at 5.30 in the evening. How does someone do a U-turn to the left from the right hand lane and think they won't cause an accident?! Just glad I eventually got up and walked away. Amazing how quickly I moved when I realised I was on my arse in the middle of Victoria Road at peak hour!!

(18-04-2014, 01:30pm)benryan1976 Wrote:
(18-04-2014, 12:28pm)rjw3105 Wrote: Hi All,
Cheers
Richard
got one for sale. may suit what your looking for
brembos take a bit of getting use to but once you do
there much better.
I had 2010 busa, sold it for 2013 busa but now need the money
bike is listed for 16500 ono
check out my ad

G'day Ben
I think I was looking at this on one of the sales sites yesterday. I'd be very interested but I promised my wife I'd wait for a bit. Nice bike and I reckon it's the pick of the colours at the moment.
Cheers
Richard
It's a week by week charade.
I got an immaculate Gen 1 with only 11k on the clock if that interests you!