Helibars for Sports Bikes
As some might know I recently bought a brand spanking new Hayabusa. One the day I got it I did about 120 ks and quickly found that it felt nothing like my old busa. Other than bei a smoother bike the ride position for me was all wrong.

Yesterday I swapped handle bars and installed a set of helibars. Today I went for a short 200 k ride while a mate was finishing his track day at Symonds Plains.

Well..... The bars are effing fantastic. The grips were up about 30 mm and closer to me which allowed me to sit upright more and got my weight off my arms. This let my arms dangle looser, elbows nicely bent and more control over manoeuvring. I would highly recommend anyone that want to change their ride position on a sports bike to try them out.

Next is to install some adjustable rear sets and get a custom seat to get me back to the position my old bike had. Plus a double bubble screen as my beer gut won't let me tuck down far enough to get outta the cyclone winds when doing 200+ LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I put the Heli bars and a riser plate under the bar plate and for me
its great (5'6" and a scrawny 56kg) Lol3the only prob with this set up was at close to full lock turning right it turned on the high beem (no prob bit of a grind with die grinder and bit to cut in groove all fixed). I also added some drop pegs (bout 20mm) to round my package off nice like!
Ive just installed double bubble but havent had her out in the fast yet to trial.
Have fun setting the new lady up!
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
That's excellent. I was thinking of putting helibars on my 2013 black baby.
So you would recommend them? I was thinking of just doing the rearsets but scepticle about vibrations due to no rubber fittings.

Can you post some pics of the helibars?

Cheers

Woody
I have put a set of helibars on my gen1, the only thing l had a drama with was the choke cable needed re-routing around the fork because it was pulling the revs up when the bars were tuned to full lock. Also l have carbon fibre knuckles on my gloves which bump the mirrors when on full lock.

Apart from that, they are great to ride with.
(27-04-2014, 08:12pm)Hayabusabike Wrote: That's excellent. I was thinking of putting helibars on my 2013 black baby.
So you would recommend them? I was thinking of just doing the rearsets but scepticle about vibrations due to no rubber fittings.

Can you post some pics of the helibars?

Cheers

Woody

Highly recommend.....

Will get some pics of setup when I get home tonight. The only hassle was that a zip tie required removing so that wiring could be pulled up to give enough slack for everything on helibars. There is about a 5mm clearance gap between the reservoirs and screen/plastics on full lock. haven't noticed if hands get bumped on full lock, but only really do that when getting off bike anyway
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Heres a coupla picks of heli bars and spacer plate both off EvilBay

Attached Files
.jpg   washed 015.jpg (Size: 123.77 KB / Downloads: 282)
.jpg   washed 027.jpg (Size: 217.33 KB / Downloads: 279)
Her job is to Bitch!

Heli-bars and Riser plates together?

Why not just fit a set of 12in ape-hangers?

Roll
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
I had the apes on the compressor but swapped them too.
As you can see in pik im not that big so the plate and bars work well to sit me up a bit on the longer rides!!Biker
Ive even got rid of the hangers from the compressor!

Attached Files
.jpg   me on busa.JPG (Size: 157.09 KB / Downloads: 254)
Her job is to Bitch!

Thanks guys I ordered the helibars today. They look good. I like the grab rail mod. I did that on my gen 1 but didn't think I could do it with the gen2.

Cheers

Woody
Somewere around the site are some picks ive taken
Ifn ya interestedPi_thumbsup
Her job is to Bitch!

[Image: SAM_0630_zps1b0a8548.jpg]

not much clearance but still doesn;t touch on full lock

[Image: SAM_0631_zpsc3f8e59a.jpg]
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I recently finished these
1" spacers under the triple tree
2" added to the top of the triple tree
22mm/1.6mm wall stainless tube welded to stainless bar then added to "Rok Risers"
Helps a lot with a slightly damaged back
[img][Image: 20140705_104818.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: 20140704_173704.jpg][/img]
[Image: 20140704_173805.jpg]
[img][Image: 20140705_104835.jpg][/img]
Ubi est Williams est via

[Image: bd2b8814-b7c2-42c7-8059-0811dae17364.png]
Have put helibars on mine and they just sit you up that little bit, so you're not resting on your wrists.
But it makes steering so much easier, especially at low speeds