Winter
There are several good things about winter!!
drinking Port in front of the fireTrophy
Irish stew with dumplingsPi_thumbsup
Golden syrup dumplingsClap
open fires in PubsLol3
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
What's this "Winter" you speak of???
I will bottle some up for you zoro and post it LOL

you know when you walk into the bottleshop beer fridge? Well imagine riding through that at 120... might feel great for you on a hot day but effing rediculous when its EVERYWHERE

and Corpse... you forgot to mention all the fun stuff like freezing ur ass off to go get all that lovely stuff, or bustin your blockbuster splitting wood and nearly breaking bones LOL

I friggin HATE Tassie winters
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Stay where you are, Zoro!
Tassie winters are like 'Survivor Antarctica' !
(Cold as a mother-in-laws smile)
(28-04-2014, 11:55am)captainrob Wrote: Stay where you are, Zoro!
Tassie winters are like 'Survivor Antarctica' !
(Cold as a mother-in-laws smile)

I would rather spend a month livin with my mother-in-law up north than 5 minutes in Tassie winter

Knuppel2
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I reckon I could handle the cold no problem knowing I was only there temporarily, its the duration that would annoy me the most.
Looking at heading down that way either next Feb or the one after, doubt will be 2015 as we have another abandonment to do (BHPB) early next year.
There is approx. 4500klms of trails GPS'd throughout the place, might need a Tenere to do it though.

Have fun with that coldness down there guys.
Batty, if you need to get away I'll swap houses for a month.......ooh, and bikes too....
swap houses YES!!! but u need ur own bike cause my Wasp is stayin under MY butt lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Batty
The minister of war/finance and myself have a house in Fingal. We will be moving back to Tas in mid 2016 (born and bred in Tas).
And compared to Kalgoorlie summers (15 efing years of them) Im ready to freeze my little arse off! and its only a boat ride away from a good coast ride to QLD if the wife bitches to much.
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
the only problem you will have Corpse is getting form Fingal to boat in winter LOL only about 200 k's of icy roads and brass ball temps
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

How long would it take to ride around Tassy, sticking to only the bitumen roads?
I notice in the south west there doesn't seem to be many main roads and I'm assuming people there.
Just curious, as every time someone mentions a place there I have to look it up and see where it is located...
(28-04-2014, 03:45pm)Zoro Wrote: How long would it take to ride around Tassy, sticking to only the bitumen roads?
I notice in the south west there doesn't seem to be many main roads and I'm assuming people there.
Just curious, as every time someone mentions a place there I have to look it up and see where it is located...

the tour I am setting up is doing about 2500 klm but there are literally 1000's of k's left to ride if you want to do them all..
yes there are large areas of unroaded (or 4x4 roads) in the State but you can get over most of it except the southwest corner.

However, the k's in Tassie are not the same as on the mainland. I hav ebroken up rides into 350-450 k's per day as average speed is a lot lower unless you are happy doing tight twisties as over 100kph LOL

There are also a lot of roads that are better one way than the other. An example is the run we will do from east coast inland to Campbell Town over Lake Leake. Thats the best direction IMO but then we need to get back to east coast to finish off ride so we will backtrack. While not AS fun it is still a good ride.

GOOFTROOP knows a lot of the west coast roads better and he says the same.. you want to backtrack and loop to get teh best outta it.

personally I would prefer spending more time than needed to ride Tassie than do a flying visit. But each to their own
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Let's see some snow pics !
. . .

. *
. .
. . .

. * .
Yeah that's a point, does it snow at your house or is it just in the hills/ mountains/ higher altitudes??

Is out obvious yet, I have no idea about the place....may as well be another country from where I'm sitting..

FYI, I have the A/C pumping at the moment...
I hate winter - I'm too old to write my name in the snow anymore.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool