2013 cover prices
As the new ride HAD to be covered before I even sat on it I was doing the usual call around for prices...

SWAN quoted me $1205/yr for comprehensive...

QBE quaoted $685/yr for comprehensive....

As they seem okay in paying out and prices are 1/2 that of SWAN I stuck with QBE. The policy also includes...

$4000 gear coverage
new for old for next 2 years

I will argue over agreed value after the 2 yr new for old is finished LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I've got four bikes and my 4wd covered for $1800 with Shannons.
I have never insured a bike, nor owned a road bike before, so when I bought a brand new 2012 "Bussa" in Jan 2014, I tried all the well known insurers, - Swan, Insure my bike, Shannons, QBE. Ended up with YOUi. $562 for 12 months with a $625 excess. Payments are monthly.
Youi started at $150 PER MONTH.........but I complained them down to $114.......

Swan had insured the little Honda and asked if they could provide a quote on the 'busa when I cancelled......and I now pay $47 per month on my 2009 with $2000 for helmet and gear included. Excess is $400.

I don't know how you blokes afford to ride I got a quote from insure my ride and full comprehensive is $330.00 that includes $4000.00 gear cover and the bullshit excess is $400.00.

Age has its privileges Pi_tongue
I just got a quote recently from Lumley Special Vehicles for my Busa after a couple work mates suggested them. Premium is less than $300 a year with only a $400 excess. This is far less than the $800 a year I'm paying with Shannons, and was quoted by QBE/Swann etc.

I'm very tempted to switch to Lumley, but I don't know anyone who's ever made a claim through them, or if they're just baiting me with a low offer and will increase my premium every year without justification? They're underwritten by Wesfarmers, so certainly not a small company. Surprisingly, they don't mention motorcycle insurance on their website, but they are happy to offer it. No online quotes though. Need to ring them to get a price.

I'd be happy to hear people's opinion on Lumley? Might help me decide to switch to them.
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???