Cheap Chinese rotors anyone?
Is it worth the risk?

"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
wow!!!

u ok?
that must have been a shock...

a
You need details on age of rotors I reckon. Same as anything, you make enough eventually you get a bad batch
I used them on my old Busa, on the road a fair bit, on the track a lot, and never had a problem. Can't say it was the same brand or batch, but my Chinese rotors were great!

Hey, that's not even a Busa!
What's the full story?
Seems pretty weird that it just fell off?
If it let go while you were moving it would be a different picture?
I was thinking micro fractures under heat then full breaks once rotor cooled and shrunk... Yes it would just fall off but buy a lotto ticket as it didn't disintegrate while riding
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I hope you got warranty on that
It is not my bike, just friend of mine sent to me from another forum. Unfortunately I do not know the full story behind this failure apart that it did not happen while he was riding but just moving the bike in a garage. I would tend to agree with Batfink that it was a progressive cracking (there is not a lot of material at the end of the slots) and only the rivets were holding it in place after a cold night. Imagine what would hapen at speed...It is not a technology or the manufacturing method but a random material selection with no QA system which unfortunately is the weakest point in all of the Chinese manufacturing. Are you feeling lucky today?
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(07-05-2014, 12:27am)Shifu Wrote: It is not a technology or the manufacturing method but a random material selection with no QA system which unfortunately is the weakest point in all of the Chinese manufacturing.

Unless you're all over them in the fabyard you end up with shopping trolley metal and a callous disregard for the end-user. I'm dealing with the consequences of having a marine vessel built in China with a graduate engineer overseeing the QA process. Its cost as much as the purchase price to right the wrongs and it still isn't where we want it. You get what you pay for.
(07-05-2014, 08:23am)Camel Wrote: Unless you're all over them in the fabyard you end up with shopping trolley metal and a callous disregard for the end-user. I'm dealing with the consequences of having a marine vessel built in China with a graduate engineer overseeing the QA process. Its cost as much as the purchase price to right the wrongs and it still isn't where we want it. You get what you pay for.

Yep, we have been kept busy for the last 18 mths fabricating replacement steelwork for 2 new mines in the Bowen Basin, all of it to replace non-compliant chinese fabricated & supplied steelworks.
Twisted beams, out of round chutes, the list is endless.

Another minesite ended up with fabricated frames, where when the chinese had missed some welds they just hit em with a bead of what appears to be liquid nails prior to spaying cold gal over it & dispatching to site in Australia.

It is incredible the extent of non-compliance.
[Image: fc9450cb-86fb-4774-a1ac-5a6bb7a02823.jpg]
(06-05-2014, 09:45pm)pan Wrote: I used them on my old Busa, on the road a fair bit, on the track a lot, and never had a problem. Can't say it was the same brand or batch, but my Chinese rotors were great!

Hey, that's not even a Busa!

Yep had mine on for 6 years now, front & back no issues at all only they stop you too quick lol
(07-05-2014, 08:23am)Camel Wrote: I'm dealing with the consequences of having a marine vessel built in China with a graduate engineer overseeing the QA process.

Glad to hear it - after all, I know you do love a challenge!
Government certified carpet muncherDrool