Track day PI
Good day at Phillip is track day today. Started off foggy which lost a bit of time - but came good later.
Panabusa went great! Had to get some new tyres as didn't pass scrutineering.
By the end of the day (after 30+ laps) it was coming together, and put in some smooth laps - felt good!.
Had a great time - it's gotta be the best $220 you can spend!

Dragging the side stand a bit through the left handers; obviously needs some engineering, or just rip it off and chuck it away!

Didn't buy any photos - bit embarrassing - evidently still can't get the knee down! Need some lessons I reckon? Or make up a simulator in the shed!

Kept the original headers, Pan, but just a slash cut pipe out the side now. Lost efficiency probably, but got the award for the best sounding bike on the track today!

Got a few aches and pains in the shoulders and arms but arse is ok despite Pans skinny-arse seat (need some help, big Kev!).

What a blast coming out of the top sweeper, fifth to sixth, then a big handful for the main straight! (280?) ( everyone watching from pits as the Busa thunders past!) Gotta take two bites at the throttle (I think the airbox/plenum starts to pressurise from the ram, and you get another boost?).
Trailing throttle through turn one in sixth (200+), then drop down to fifth, fourth, and hook into the sweeper. Avoid the squashed goose (bit slippery), then flat knacker to Honda........ Up past Hayshed - shit! That's the ripple strip I'm on now!
Then hard as you can over Lukey - can't see over the crest; can't see too much out of the top of the helmet anyway! Awesome! Living the dream!
On the brakes hard (thanks Pan, GSX brakes are awesome! rolling the throttle on as you climb out of the tight right hander - there goes the side stand again!
And then back into the top sweeper, blap, blap, blap, - phast as phuck! ..

Still living it 6 hours later!
Anyone who hasn't yet done a track day, then wake up to yoursel! Make a booking!

Met some cool dudes, saw some great bikes.

Load up and say goodbye.
Couple of 'travellers' on the way home (Captain Morgan rum and coke, of course).
Big red sunset sky.
Rammstein - du Hast! on repeat play.
Navara purring along with bike on the trailer; big angry Busa eyes in the rear vision mirror - I think he had a good day too!

Doesn't get much better than this, does it?
You're still pumped, that's great Rob.
Good taste in music too.
All home in one piece, gotta be a good day.
What a buzz!

You got me worried a little though...

Quote:you climb out of the tight right hander - there goes the side stand again!

What have you done to my bike? Why is the side stand on the right side!!!?!
(12-05-2014, 11:51pm)pan Wrote: What a buzz!

You got me worried a little though...

Quote:you climb out of the tight right hander - there goes the side stand again!

What have you done to my bike? Why is the side stand on the right side!!!?!

Ha ha - just checking!
Out of the right hander and then haul it over to the left for that great sweeper is what I meant to say! Side stand hasn't migrated!
(13-05-2014, 03:42am)captainrob Wrote: ........Side stand hasn't migrated!

YET!!!!!!

Sounds like your hooked Rob. Lol. Good to hear about.
Maybe I should get over to PI with camera, last track day at Symonds Plains I took over 1200 pics lol

Congrats man
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
 photo IMG_1920.jpg
 photo IMG_1917.jpg

photo IMG_1923.jpgNothing quite like a new tyre - they look good enough to eat!
These are the new hire bikes (BMW) being run in, then sent off to be painted and stickered up. I think they will hire out for around $300? - pretty good opportunity to test fly one, I reckon? All the 'volunteers' riding them reckoned they were pretty slick even though governed to 7000 while running in (they'll go to 14000?)
when i saw teh first pic i thought you was doing the jet engine conversion for your next track day

"WHEELS... WHO NEEDS STINKIN WHEELS!!!"
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!