Iddle speed adjustment
Got a very technical question - how one adjusts the iddle speed on a busa? There is no option for it in ECU Editor and SDS tool only allows for adjustments in the active mode but does not save the new settings. Confused
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(21-05-2014, 09:48pm)Shifu Wrote: Got a very technical question - how one adjusts the iddle speed on a busa? There is no option for it in ECU Editor and SDS tool only allows for adjustments in the active mode but does not save the new settings. Confused

Don't you stick your screwdriver through the hole in the frame and screw away??
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
(21-05-2014, 10:16pm)PostmanPete Wrote:
(21-05-2014, 09:48pm)Shifu Wrote: Got a very technical question - how one adjusts the iddle speed on a busa? There is no option for it in ECU Editor and SDS tool only allows for adjustments in the active mode but does not save the new settings. Confused

Don't you stick your screwdriver through the hole in the frame and screw away??

Yeah - putting it in a hole is sometimes called screwing
Are you just adjusting the revs for idle? this should be, as Pete suggested, an adjustment screw where the cables end... Though honestly I have yet to rip off the side panels on the 13 to see how different it is to my 01 and 99 LOL

ignore my post, just read your response to Max on your SDS thread... very interesting to know though.... Thx shifu
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
The gen 2 has electronic idle control, but has the ability to manual control ,if you realy need it, the earlier adjusting screw will fit the in the throttle stop, so i'm told ..

cant help with the idle speed thing though, never had the need to change it , Camel probably has more experiance with the sds ,

Both woolich and ecu editor have idle settings. I have my gen 2 at 1200rpm using ecu editor
(22-05-2014, 10:31am)jamie Wrote:

Both woolich and ecu editor have idle settings. I have my gen 2 at 1200rpm using ecu editor

I have that without ECU Editor. It is a factory setting (1150 +- 100). If you know how to change it would you care to share the method then?
(23-05-2014, 12:27pm)Shifu Wrote:
(22-05-2014, 10:31am)jamie Wrote:

I have that without ECU Editor. It is a factory setting (1150 +- 100). If you know how to change it would you care to share the method then?

Yep just download the latest version of ecu editor (2.5 i think) and go to advanced setting within the base gen 2 map and down the bottom left will be a selection table for your idle rpm.

pm sent
(23-05-2014, 11:09pm)Camel Wrote: pm sent

Sent PM back and waiting for reply.
comon girls... stop whispering in the back corner and let us all know LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!