Oil and filter change 2000 busa
About to do oil and filter change on my 2000 busa, I believe I have to take 1 side of the fairing, any ideas which side, I also have the headers wrapped, any info would be greatly appreciated! Cheers
(22-05-2014, 06:07pm)gcbusa Wrote: About to do oil and filter change on my 2000 busa, I believe I have to take 1 side of the fairing, any ideas which side, I also have the headers wrapped, any info would be greatly appreciated! Cheers

Take the right hand side off. Make sure you pull the black upper panel upwards to pull the locating tab out of the grommet.
I hate that grommet for the first time you remove a side panel lol.... Kept thinking something wasn't unscrewed and I was about to snap the panel
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(22-05-2014, 09:30pm)Batfink Wrote: I hate that grommet for the first time you remove a side panel lol.... Kept thinking something wasn't unscrewed and I was about to snap the panel

The gen 2 is even weaker looking. I use some silicon grease to lube the grommet. On the gen 2 the grommets on the air intake duct push in and find there way into the airbox.
There's certainly less cursing and swearing with the Gen 1. Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
u can do it with fairing on allegedly. I am gunna try soon anyway
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
For Gen 1, don't know about Gen 2.
Without fairing removal:
Oil change - Yes
Oil Filter change - No. (at least not in any way I can see possible, but I'm an oaf Lol3)

Regardless, I take both side fairings off at each oil change as I always do the filter and it is a good opportunity to check and clean all other hoses/fittings/connections etc, to be sure all is well. Very Happy

And put alfoil around your headers below the oil filter. Saves spilt oil burning off them afterwards.Coolsmiley
(23-05-2014, 08:46am)Kendo Wrote: For Gen 1, don't know about Gen 2.
Without fairing removal:
Oil change - Yes
Oil Filter change - No. (at least not in any way I can see possible, but I'm an oaf Lol3)

Regardless, I take both side fairings off at each oil change as I always do the filter and it is a good opportunity to check and clean all other hoses/fittings/connections etc, to be sure all is well. Very Happy

And put alfoil around your headers below the oil filter. Saves spilt oil burning off them afterwards.Coolsmiley

Oh, and while you at it remove the wrappers from the headers as they do sweet f*** all other than adding weight and profit for snake oil sellers.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Thanks so much for info will be doing Saturday, I'll let u guys know! Cheers
(23-05-2014, 05:45pm)gcbusa Wrote: Thanks so much for info will be doing Saturday, I'll let u guys know! Cheers

You might also consider this if you do not have a torque wrench and are prone to stripping the threads:

http://www.oildrainvalve.net/
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(23-05-2014, 08:46am)Kendo Wrote: And put alfoil around your headers below the oil filter. Saves spilt oil burning off them afterwards.Coolsmiley

NOW you tell me, O well, live and learn