ECU flash tune VS powercommander /dyno tune diference
(29-08-2014, 02:20pm)Batfink Wrote: From what I read and been told yes you can remap each of the current Mode maps. What IS interesting is what Camel told us, that there is a hidden set of 3 maps available to use... or to keep stock

Very VERY interesting and valuable to know

Correct, MS0 and MS1 each have three mode maps available, but to switch between MS0 and 1 you you need an external switch as Camel describes.

If anybody hasn't found it yet, the site with the goodies is:

www.woolichracing.com
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Apart from fun stuff like nitrous, a practical application is to use MS0 and MS1 for when you can't get premium unleaded and have to lower yourself to running regular unleaded. For example, when travelling 'outback'.

All you do is reduce ignition advance on the MS0 maps so the engine isn't in danger of pinging on the lower octane juice.

Conversely, you could set up MS0 (or MS1) to gain the most from e85. Given that e85 has an octane rating of 105 (compared to 95-98 for premium unleaded) and has positive latent heat properties, you could increase the quantity of fuel going through the injectors and advance the ignition timing over stock. This should give a modest power increase for your otherwise stock Busa. Before you rush out and fill your tank with e85 keep in mind that modifications may need to be made to seals, O-rings and possibly the injectors and regulator as well.

I'm sure someone out there has already attempted this. Would be an interesting exercise for a turboed bike. Hmm, I've got a few spare Gen II throttle bodies and pumps laying around. I feel the germ of an idea starting to manifest itself....

Camel

(29-08-2014, 02:20pm)Batfink Wrote: From what I read and been told yes you can remap each of the current Mode maps. What IS interesting is what Camel told us, that there is a hidden set of 3 maps available to use... or to keep stock

The main difference between the three modes is how the ECU controls the secondary throttle valves (STV) and the fuel to the secondary injectors. I remapped the restricted 'B' and 'C' STV maps so that 'B' was more aggressive in its opening and 'C' was 100% fully open all the time. The result was subtle and sadly, less fun to ride. The Suzuki Engineers go it right!

Camel
That's a great idea for running lower octane fuels Camel.. And most of Tasmania could be considered "outback" lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Cool 
(30-08-2014, 06:27pm)Batfink Wrote: That's a great idea for running lower octane fuels Camel.. And most of Tasmania could be considered "outback" lol

The word has 'back' in it, but its not outback.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(29-08-2014, 03:00am)storm Wrote: I think I have gained a lot of knowledge and the possibilities that exist.and u will test the bike in the dry soon. We forgot about the thermofan temperature cut off lol it's Maddy by the way lol.

Maddy Do you want it to come in earlier ? easily done if so Pi_thumbsup
One of these days Simmo, am in no hurry,had a blast on the putty today. I think bottom end smoother and bit more quicker. Didn't get to try topend yet lol. U have any aggressive maps? Just for comparison sake? Am Quite happy with the way bike behaves now though.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

(01-09-2014, 01:46am)storm Wrote: One of these days Simmo, am in no hurry,had a blast on the putty today. I think bottom end smoother and bit more quicker. Didn't get to try topend yet lol. U have any aggressive maps? Just for comparison sake? Am Quite happy with the way bike behaves now though.

I have but wouldn't be any good for you just yet Biker