Gen II inner panel
I noticed today that the upper inner panel, (clips to the frame near the meters, and has a single allen head screw to the rest of the fairing) appears to have a gap between it and the outer fairing. I have tried several times to get it to latch onto whatever holds it tight with no success.

My next effort will be with the fairing removed...I so dont want to go there if I dont need to...so I can see what type of fastner is in there. before I do this has anyone else had a similar problem and if so how did you fix it.

Just had a look in my manual and it is called the lower meter panel...doesn't say how they are attached to the outer fairing though
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
I have noticed as they get older and the more times you take the fairing and panels off & on the worst the fit seems to get no matter how many times you try to get it to fit better.FrownPi_thumbsdown
Yeah I pulled it almost totally out and there is nothing to hold the two parts tight...I really think Suzuki need to re think the whole fairing mount system...too many parts for a start...the panel I am talking about is made of two sections where one would have sufficed and they really need to redesign those poxy push pins...way too flimsy. Still they are not alone in using this type of fastener...bet the aircraft industry dont! LOL!!
Will check mine for you tomorrow night Steve... See if you are missing anything as it will be a virgin removal lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Rather you than me Tony...taking the things off isnt too hard...getting them back on is a fair bit more involved. I managed to pop most of the offending panel out and it seems there is nothing to 'latch' it tight up to the outer skin...should have some sort of locking system I should have thought....it seems to rely on the outer fairing pushing up snug...given your limited "shed" space I can only think an attempt will end in tears for you....
had a good look at the part you was talking about.. at first I thought u meant the bottom center gauge infill LOL
but even new there is def a 2mm gap between bottom side infill and faring, also a 1+mm gap between the bottom center infill and those bottom side infills. Not very good fitment for a top 4 jap bike
I also notices that the curvature of the faring seems of a greater arc than the outside arc of the panel.....

I am thinking of getting a 2mm black foam seal strip and making this gap disappear
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I think I have a solution for that.
Use of those little clips that you need to secure the panel, upper meter.
I have the same problem.
I'm mutually drill a hole where a clip # 4 fits

Attached Files
.jpg   Inner panel.jpg (Size: 15.43 KB / Downloads: 54)
(05-06-2014, 03:34am)Fester Wrote: I think I have a solution for that.
Use of those little clips that you need to secure the panel, upper meter.
I have the same problem.
I'm mutually drill a hole where a clip # 4 fits

Secret is don't be inquisitive about what is under the fairing. I have taken mine off twice in 70 k. Every time you take them off limits there life . Yes I think Suzuki could make it easier to remove them.