60 profile
OEM is a 50 profile rear on the 'busa.
I always run a 55 rear profile, but am just about to put a 60 profile on the back. Anyone had any experience with running a 60??? any pitfalls?
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
no experience but here is the result in speed.... +5.8kph @ 100kph

190/50/17 -> 190/60/17

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...sp=sharing
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
cant use a hugger..i'd imagine. and the speed difference on the speedo. different lean characteristics and wear concerns. if you already run a 55 then you'd be a better judge..
Hot Coffee , Fast :Biker:

Diesel.
Possible contact with the swingarm?. I always use a 55 and have only got 10mm left (if that) before the crown of the tyre starts rubbing.
What brand/measurements at certre and edge Wardy?
(04-06-2014, 09:39pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Possible contact with the swingarm?. I always use a 55 and have only got 10mm left (if that) before the crown of the tyre starts rubbing.

good question Biker...
and extra 5% of height (55-60) makes a 190 tyre + 8.5mm in diameter, or a 200 tyre + 10mm.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
It will wear much faster in a centre as the contact patch is smaller when you upright. But it will be better on lean :-) Most slicks are 60 or 65 profile and fit the street bikes so I would say you will have no problem unless using larger rear sprocket.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
What if you used a 180/60? Should give you clearence
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

It will change your steering head angle, , probably nothing you will notice on a busa, but if you had an early R1 it would make the ride all the more interesting ;)
Don't take the width / profile as set in stone.
I've tried a few makes and profiles and although a mm / % should be indentical
it isn't. Some tyres are wider than others, some taller than others. There is a
variation between makes and models.
(07-06-2014, 07:47am)Tony Nitrous Wrote: Don't take the width / profile as set in stone.
I've tried a few makes and profiles and although a mm / % should be indentical
it isn't. Some tyres are wider than others, some taller than others. There is a
variation between makes and models.

Very true Pi_thumbsup
So the calculations of speed just from the tire designation numbers are mostly useless. One really needs to measure the circumference of the wheel and surprisingly that does not vary that much on three different tires I've checked. My guess is that different profiles get compensated by the changes in height of the sidewall so the overall diameter stays roughly the same.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"