YOSHI R-77 Dual Carbon Slip-on OR full system ?
Greetings! I just purchased a new 2014 Hayabusa 50th Anniversary Edition. I have only done 540ks so far, I was wanting to get some advice on changing the exhausts for better sound/look and more power never hurts. I was thinking YOSHIMURA R-77 Dual Carbon Slip-on mufflers, as they are easy to fit and look more balanced being Dual, and wanted peoples opinion on this thought ? and also the pros and cons of putting a full yoshi 4 into 1 system on as another option ? Any thought on the subject would be most appreciated. John
You are obviously a gentleman of taste in your consideration of dual R-77 in carbon, I'm sure that with such taste you also dress in Armani or similar outfits.

Seriously though, my opinion:
1. You will get great cosmetic and some performance benefits from the slip-ons
2. Ultimate performance gains will be obtained by a full system, mainly through removing the existing catalyser and collector box
3. Option 2 looks better with twins rather than singles
4. Excessive noise is not an advantage - it just generates adverse attention - buy a Harley if you want an obnoxious noise generator
4. Get the ECU flashed to improve fuelling and sundry other things
5. Do not fit a TRE or X-TRE (see 4 above)
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
put the carbon slip ons on my 13 and, as well as being piss easy to install, they look and sound great. You have 2 noise options with the fittable flow reducers. Of course mine are not fitted with these LOL
Not sure if just adding slip ons will increase performance, as stated you need to do other things that normally happen with a full system.
For performance gains, also as previously mentioned, get it flashed as a min, dyno tuned is better IMO

dual v single... well thats a personal choice, I prefer the dual but I did really enjoy my 99 with a single brock. They are 2 completely different bike visually so both systems worked on each.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(20-08-2014, 12:59am)Belzybob Wrote: You are obviously a gentleman of taste in your consideration of dual R-77 in carbon, I'm sure that with such taste you also dress in Armani or similar outfits.

LOL!
(20-08-2014, 12:59am)Belzybob Wrote: You are obviously a gentleman of taste in your consideration of dual R-77 in carbon, I'm sure that with such taste you also dress in Armani or similar outfits.

In which case you should stay away from half hearted mods and get full Akrapovic dual carbon exhaust, install WRT log box with wideband HO2 sensor to tune it and disable all restrictions. And if you have even a trace of royal blood and by mistake bought any other colour than black, you should repaint it immediately to add to the performance. Boobies4

Finally go to the intro page, introduce yourself properly and post a lot of pics of your fixed bike.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Finally go to the intro page, introduce yourself properly and post a lot of pics of your fixed bike.
[/quote]

Thanks Shifu, I just went to intro page and introduced myself. cheers

PS. Thanks for the mods advise too.

Seriously though, my opinion:
1. You will get great cosmetic and some performance benefits from the slip-ons
2. Ultimate performance gains will be obtained by a full system, mainly through removing the existing catalyser and collector box
3. Option 2 looks better with twins rather than singles
4. Excessive noise is not an advantage - it just generates adverse attention - buy a Harley if you want an obnoxious noise generator
4. Get the ECU flashed to improve fuelling and sundry other things
5. Do not fit a TRE or X-TRE (see 4 above)

Thanks Belzybob some good advice. Cheers

(20-08-2014, 08:02am)Batfink Wrote: put the carbon slip ons on my 13 and, as well as being piss easy to install, they look and sound great. You have 2 noise options with the fittable flow reducers. Of course mine are not fitted with these LOL
Not sure if just adding slip ons will increase performance, as stated you need to do other things that normally happen with a full system.
For performance gains, also as previously mentioned, get it flashed as a min, dyno tuned is better IMO

dual v single... well thats a personal choice, I prefer the dual but I did really enjoy my 99 with a single brock. They are 2 completely different bike visually so both systems worked on each.

Many thanks for the input Batfink. Cheers
(20-08-2014, 10:40am)Shifu Wrote: wideband HO2 sensor to tune it and disable all restrictions.

Shit Shifu what are you running to need an HO2 sensor? Are you pumping C- Stoff and T-Stoff into that Busa?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-Stoff
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(21-08-2014, 10:03pm)Belzybob Wrote:
(20-08-2014, 10:40am)Shifu Wrote: wideband HO2 sensor to tune it and disable all restrictions.

Shit Shifu what are you running to need an HO2 sensor? Are you pumping C- Stoff and T-Stoff into that Busa?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-Stoff

Just standard 98 but in the right proportions Smitten
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Thanks for the help everyone.

I decided to go with the YOSHIMURA R-77 Dual Carbon Slip-on mufflers, they should arrive next week.

Cheers
Good call - they sound pretty good with the DB killers out. Pi_thumbsup
And look great
[Image: th_SAM_0738_zps5cd01511.jpg]

[Image: th_SAM_0737_zpsc5eb99cc.jpg]

[Image: th_SAM_0736_zpsc74d3124.jpg]
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(23-08-2014, 01:35pm)Batfink Wrote: And look great
[Image: th_SAM_0738_zps5cd01511.jpg]

[Image: th_SAM_0737_zpsc5eb99cc.jpg]

[Image: th_SAM_0736_zpsc74d3124.jpg]

Bike looks great Batfink, I like the look of the Mufflers too. cheers
Hope to show a more final project in the Domination run 2015
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1