Odd Tyre Combination Now
I took the bike down to get another set of pilot road2s fitted and after scrubbing them in noticed that while the front is a road2 the rear is a pilot power? Now I could imagine going the other way, but the softer one on the back?

Spoke to the shop who were happy to exchange it but I said I'll let it go this time. I have never run a combo like this, anyone have any idea what I'll get out of the rear?
(10-06-2014, 01:36pm)gringo Wrote: I took the bike down to get another set of pilot road2s fitted and after scrubbing them in noticed that while the front is a road2 the rear is a pilot power? Now I could imagine going the other way, but the softer one on the back?

Spoke to the shop who were happy to exchange it but I said I'll let it go this time. I have never run a combo like this, anyone have any idea what I'll get out of the rear?

I'd guesstimate 5k km. I had Powers on my gixxer thou, got about 6k km. If you're happy with the Road 2, why would you need anything stickier. Road 3's were better, Road 4's apparently better again. Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Depends on how hard you are on the gas?? 1/2 moderate and 1/2 hard should get ya about 5-6 thousand kms. Got that on my first set on the busa in pilot power rears simmilar on my old 00 R1, pp3 rears will get 7 plus
Fair enough, but with a harder pilot road on the front I won't be out there flogging it I can assure you lol. 2 powers I would have been happy to have as a mistake, or one on the front, sure, but only one on the rear. Probably wont make any difference the way I ride either way.
The Road 2s must have been sitting around for a while; AFAIK they discontinued them in 2010.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(11-06-2014, 10:36pm)Belzybob Wrote: The Road 2s must have been sitting around for a while; AFAIK they discontinued them in 2010.

2's were still being made last yr! Had a set at the bike shop I worked at with 2013 manufacture date on them, albeit early 2013. Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
You're correct. They are even listing the original Road (1), albeit in limited sizes. Very odd, as there seem to be more tyres listed now than I recall from looking at their site a while ago. Maybe they've opened up a Chinese factory making older versions?

Incidentally I bought a set of Pilot Sport 3s for the MX-5, a snip at $159 each. The four only cost me $140 bucks more than two PR4s for the Busa. Should last about 50K!
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Well I don't have to worry now anyway, when I took it back to get the scratches out from a small drop the workshop manager insisted on changing it over to a Road2, said he'd put the one I had just scrubbed in on on some shop bike. Not bad service down there at springwood suzuki, or whatever that new name they call themselves is. I always get looked after and even get a lower renewal on my insurance if I take it down to the credit guy.

I suspect they are trying to pull that old fashioned trick on me, you know, provide really good service and a reasonable price so I will keep coming back. Well I think I have fallen for it. You wouldn't believe the quote to repair my bike. 2 lower fairing bitz, brake lever, both footpegs, mirror and bar end + labour was all about $1300. Some of the bits didn't even warrent replacing, + I get a new helmet because it was hanging on the mirror and took most of the impact of the fall. That will take the sting out of the $600 excess.

I'm going to get one of those Sharks with the integrated sunglasses, unless anyone here can convince me they are shite.