Pirelli Angel GT No.1 For mileage?
(19-06-2014, 06:39pm)Dale Wrote:
(19-06-2014, 01:48pm)Shifu Wrote: ... and talking to riding mates here 6k is the absolute most you can reasonably expect from any decent road sport tire. People like to claim ridiculous mileage like in a pissing contest - you are right there. 20K claim is the purest form of BS in existance. Doubt if you get that pushing the bike on a road.

What a load of crap Andrew. I have been keeping detailed records of every dollar I have spent on my bike since I brought it home from the dealer and all mileage to correspond. I replaced the original tyres at 6791 kms with pilot road 3's and they were replaced with Angel GTs at 23933 kms. According to my trusty calculator, that's 17142 kms. Call me a bullshit artist if you wish but I don't really give a rats arse. Maybe it's just the fact that I ride like a granny as has been suggested by some wanker I have never met or ridden with. All I can say mate, is you must have some really abrasive road surfaces over your way.

Well, I am only stating what my experience is and what my mates tell me which is pretty much same thing. It is true that the pressure is a major factor (usually I run 36-38 front and 34-36 rear) and I use mostly good sport type tires but what I am saying is that the difference between 2.5K and claimed 17K or more is too massive for the riding style or the compound hardness explanation. I got P3 on now and if I get 5K out of them I will be in a tyre heaven.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Got about 6k out of my GT's - they looked like they were doing OK but falling apart (radial cracks) in one section. Might try the German rubber :-)
Maybe it's just the fact that I ride like a granny as has been suggested by some wanker I have never met or ridden with.

It was another granny that I was having a dig at; but if the cap fits.......

Its me...and I resemble that remark! Actually those tyres are very good...having traveled in excess of 220 klm/h....on the track of course... even on mild twisties at that speed they grip really well with no noticeable worries.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(19-10-2014, 08:46pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Maybe it's just the fact that I ride like a granny as has been suggested by some wanker I have never met or ridden with.

It was another granny that I was having a dig at; but if the cap fits.......

Its me...and I resemble that remark! Actually those tyres are very good...having traveled in excess of 220 klm/h....on the track of course... even on mild twisties at that speed they grip really well with no noticeable worries.

Ian - I apologise mate Embarassed
I dont care what people think of me, my riding ability....I know the real reason is large willy envy! LOL
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Checking my pressures at 41 each end before every ride, weekends only. The chart on the swing arm of my Gen2 says 42, I've tried running at around 36 and haven't noticed any benefit apart from 'possibly' (probably) increased tyre wear.

I'm on my second Gen2 running Metzeler Z8's and I can see myself getting maybe around 8k out of the rear, 9 if I'm lucky ?

Horses for courses, but I'm ok with that
OE Bridgestones lasted 6k before steel in the centre( east to west coast flog in 4 dhays),used conti I bought as a lifesaver lasted another 4k,road 3 taken off after 3k with puncture( rode 2540 kms in 27 hours) road2 west to east flog + putty road runs etc with 34psi etc over 15k kms. Front usually 11k soft rubber. Now have power4 rear.
Michelins never skipped a beat on the gixxers or the Busa ever ( maybe I don't ride fast enough)
A known devil is better than an unknown Angel..
riding style, weight and suspension play a huge part in tyre life I suppose
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

I use Pilot Roads 2/3 and can report I consistently got 15,000km out of the front (commmuting, frequent country rides doing app 15000km pa).

My records on the rear are not so good - around 11000km (plus) each.