Anyone got experience balancing throttle bodies?
I read the manual on the genII and it shows some bullshit electronic device is used but I was told you can do it with the old set of 4 vacuum gauges. Just pull off the 4 pipes at the bottom and adjust the 2 screws on the rear till the needles are all equal. Is this all there is to it?

Do I need to seal off the 4 hoses?
Am I all wrong about this proceedure?
This post has been edited out to reflect a more accurate solution introduced by camel below.
ISC,
Idle speed control unit.
Suzuki follow the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J1930 naming convention; ISC stands for Idle Speed Control which is achieved using an Idle Speed Control Valve (a stepper motor).
If you have access to the Suzuki Diagnostic System (SDS) you can use it to fix the ISC air volume of the four cylinders while you synchronise the throttle plates. Be sure to reset the ISC learned value afterwards.

Camel
Be carfull gentlemen as we are now entering
the relm of the DARK ARTS!Scary
Thats the only way my small mind can comprahend what you just said!
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
(24-06-2014, 06:25pm)Corpsedealer Wrote: Be carfull gentlemen as we are now entering
the relm of the DARK ARTS!Scary
Thats the only way my small mind can comprahend what you just said!

Don't worry buddy ..
It went straight over my head too ReadEmbarassed
Well if it helps any, you still need to use four vacuum gauges!
(24-06-2014, 05:47pm)Camel Wrote: If you have access to the Suzuki Diagnostic System (SDS) you can use it to fix the ISC air volume of the four cylinders while you synchronise the throttle plates. Be sure to reset the ISC learned value afterwards.

Camel
Yes, the ISC Controller seems to have a bad rap. I found an SDS for $200 here
http://www.uobd2.net/wholesale/sds-for-s...ystem.html

This and my laptop will do the job better hey camel?
(24-06-2014, 08:22pm)gringo Wrote: In the scheme of things correct valve clearance is a lot more important than correct air intake balance.

And the former will affect the latter.
Sorry camel, I edited out my earlier post after researching the subject some more. I may delete the earlier one as well as I wouldn't want to steer anyone in the wrong direction.
You can make your own vacuum gauges or simpler still use a 60cm length of garden hose to listen to the airflow.

Start the engine and get it to running temp. Put the length of hose into the throat near the butterfly valve in each of the TBs and the other end in your ear (a hose stethoscope). Make sure you put the hose in the same position in each TB. You will hear a difference in volume of air rushing through the hose if they are out of balance. Adjust as required.

I used this for balancing SU carbies and checking all my bikes. I checked with vacum gauge and it was close enough. Dont aim for perfect - you wont get it and it will change at different throttle opennings anyway (some cylinders are lazier than others).

Hope this helps

Cheers
I bought a new set of gauges from a frame straightener in behind Moss st south of brisbane some years back for about $120 Good solid set too, a little tweeking of 4 screws to get the individual needles to stop jumping but once that is done accuracy is assured. You could probably buy a set out of hong kong now for half that price lol
About the same price for the good ones with damper adjustment and a variety of attachment adaptors
just replaced mine a few weeks ago