PCV
Hi guys hoping to get some directions, i'm running an odd system, and looking for a map to setup my pcv with, I could start out on the base map and have it change things with the autotune over time, but i'd prefer to kick start it closer to the mark.

i'm running a K&N (not the race version), out through a Vance and Hines headers (4-2-2 with a balance pipe), then out through the twin Yoshi rs3's (the slipons don't make much difference in tuning terms but put em in there for complete picture). The bike also runs a healtech xtre for the ign curve.

I've been onto the PC site and downloaded the all map packs, and to be honest there isn't much there, sure hundreds overall, but not a lot maybe like 12 maps for the gen 2....

closest I can see is the ti force 4-2-1-2 full system with stock or after market air filter for an '08. Map #M20-008-008.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

I doubt i'll blow it up, just want a fairly accurate map to begin with so I can run the autotune and get myself to the dyno.

cheers.
Hot Coffee , Fast :Biker:

Diesel.
Using someone else's map will not be really any better as every engine is different even with the same upgrades. If you have a wideband lambda sensor and the log box the easier way is to load the standard maps, get some data from couple of rides and use WTR Auto-tune function. Give it two or three goes and you will be close to perfect fueling. Personally I would not use the dyno for tuning at all unless I was testing how intake/exhaust changes affect the power band. Having a close look at map from my bike that I got doing the tuning on Dyno it looks like crap. True we gained 9 horses and extra 8 Nm but that is still far from getting the best out of it. The major problem is that that the data collected on dyno - bike strapped to a roller, does not represent any real life riding so you will miss on a lot of fuel map cells, unlike from real riding data. After you done with Auto-tuning then you can just check the results on the dyno. That would be my approach.

I just noticed you are using Power Commander on Gen 2. Throw it away and start using the OEM ECU which with the right tools beats the crap out of these aftermaket piggy-back gizmos.
Cheers.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
small achievable steps for me mate, one day I will go a full ecu tune, but for now I can make my hardware changes and play at the kiddy end of the pool of tuning without making a balls up of the bike, learning as I go. And cheers for the advice, wasn't sure the wideband would handle the hop from a stock map, i'll get it all done in a couple of weeks and start from the beginning. cheers mate.
Hot Coffee , Fast :Biker:

Diesel.